Archived Being scheduled after two week notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrina

Team Member
Hey guys. So I’m finally escaping target. I turned in my two weeks and my last day is supposed to be the 7th. However when I logged into Kronos today, I saw that they have me scheduled four days the week after. Aren’t they supposed to not have me in the system after that? What should I do about it? cause I still want to be eligible for rehire in case this endeavor doesn’t work out.

Just remind your HR that you gave 2 weeks notice, and that is after your end date.

Talk to your HR right away. It could be HR hasn't had time to key in your Resignation yet. I've had multiple incidences where TMs are leaving but because HR hasn't processed their resignations yet, I've mistakenly scheduled them anyways. I have a huge team so for the most part I let mytime generate the schedule and I just check for compliance/OT. If you really want to get on your ETLs good side, go ahead and post those shifts on the swap board. It's going to make their job simpler if you've already found someone to take those shifts.

Talk to your HR right away. It could be HR hasn't had time to key in your Resignation yet. I've had multiple incidences where TMs are leaving but because HR hasn't processed their resignations yet, I've mistakenly scheduled them anyways. I have a huge team so for the most part I let mytime generate the schedule and I just check for compliance/OT. If you really want to get on your ETLs good side, go ahead and post those shifts on the swap board. It's going to make their job simpler if you've already found someone to take those shifts.
Are you insane? It is not the OPs job to find someone to replace the shifts that the OP is scheduled for , due to incompetence.
@OP just remind HR of your resignation and let the store figure out the F they’re going to do.

Are you insane? It is not the OPs job to find someone to replace the shifts that the OP is scheduled for , due to incompetence.

What crawled up your ass and died? I didn't say it was necessary for OP to find replacement. But if OP really wants to go the extra step to really please his/her ETL then OP should consider posting the shifts on the swap board. It takes 2 minutes. Done.

Why are you assuming incompetence? Depending on when OP submitted the resignation, HR may not have had time to key it in yet. I've had TMs hand in resignations late on Tuesdays and then still wonder why they've been scheduled on the new schedule. I finish my schedule by Tuesday nights so there's no way it's keyed in before the new schedule's released.

More than likely your 2week notice has not been keyed. Check with your ETL and HR on this. If it has not been keyed, and you leave, they can claim you left without notice.

Make sure you have a dated copy of you resignation letter just in case.

What crawled up your ass and died? I didn't say it was necessary for OP to find replacement. But if OP really wants to go the extra step to really please his/her ETL then OP should consider posting the shifts on the swap board. It takes 2 minutes. Done.

Why are you assuming incompetence? Depending on when OP submitted the resignation, HR may not have had time to key it in yet. I've had TMs hand in resignations late on Tuesdays and then still wonder why they've been scheduled on the new schedule. I finish my schedule by Tuesday nights so there's no way it's keyed in before the new schedule's released.
I am not assuming its incompetence. It IS incompetence. How long does it take to key in someone’s resignation?
For store to operate properly and efficiently, it is imperative that leadership is aware of the headcount. Now they have to scramble to cover shifts that shouldn’t have been assigned in the first place.
I had the same situation in my already tight work center where the ETL was oblivious to the fact that a TM that was scheduled to open 4 days is no longer an employee.
Your suggestion that the OP who is departing Target should take it on themselves to find coverage, as to please and make the job of an ETL simpler, sounds like incompetence. Always holding the lowest common denominator responsible and setting expectations that scream of incompetence.

PS. Incompetence.

Please keep in mind that with the rollout of WorkDay, many functions of HR were temporarily "frozen", so that could have been a factor. I think to assume it's incompetence is a bit harsh. If nothing else, we are all human and make mistakes, thus I'm sure it was an oversight.

Since the shifts will have to get posted on the swap shift board anyway, it would just further the OP as being "left on good terms". "Hey, HR, I realize it was prob a simple oversight that I was scheduled past my notice date. I went ahead and posted the shifts on the swap shift board". Nobody was suggesting OP needed to go around asking fellow TM's to cover the shifts, nor be held responsible for them not being picked up should that be the case.

It's a ghost, my store all the time will use old employees as place holders for other people, people coming back from LOA, newbies.. You are done at such and such date, tell them you saw the schedule and you wanted to make sure they have your end date correct. Cause you give no fucks about target after your end date..

I am not assuming its incompetence. It IS incompetence. How long does it take to key in someone’s resignation?
For store to operate properly and efficiently, it is imperative that leadership is aware of the headcount. Now they have to scramble to cover shifts that shouldn’t have been assigned in the first place.
I had the same situation in my already tight work center where the ETL was oblivious to the fact that a TM that was scheduled to open 4 days is no longer an employee.
Your suggestion that the OP who is departing Target should take it on themselves to find coverage, as to please and make the job of an ETL simpler, sounds like incompetence. Always holding the lowest common denominator responsible and setting expectations that scream of incompetence.

PS. Incompetence.

Have you ever actually worked in HR? Doesn't seem like it. Yes, keying anything in takes a few moments. However the work doesn't revolve around one TM. HR has to deal with the entire store. All I'm saying is we don't know the full details of what happened and the routines of OP's store. If OP handed in their resignation on a Tuesday, there's no way in hell it's going to be keyed in before the new schedule generates in myTime. For those of you that hav enever written a schedule, it generates at noon on Tuesdays. You schedule writer has until Thursday at noon to edit it before it's published. This is also why all time off requests and availability changes are supposed to be submitted by Monday. Something else to consider: HR may prefer to have conversations with TMs resigning before putting it into the system. My ETL-HR does that with everyone. So there's sometimes delay between the resignation being turned in and being keyed in.

Just to re-iterate: OP is in no way responsible for finding coverage for those shifts. They can still leave on the 7th without being penalized. OP is interested in keeping the option open to return later, if they want to. With this in mind, I would look for a way to stand out from all other TMs that might want to return and from other potential new TMs. OP can do this by taking literally 2 minutes to put the shifts on the swap board, inform HR, and walk away. I'm not suggesting that OP go up to their TMs and asking them to cover the shifts. Write down the shifts. Talk to HR. Walk away. Simple.

Have you ever actually worked in HR? Doesn't seem like it. Yes, keying anything in takes a few moments. However the work doesn't revolve around one TM. HR has to deal with the entire store. All I'm saying is we don't know the full details of what happened and the routines of OP's store. If OP handed in their resignation on a Tuesday, there's no way in hell it's going to be keyed in before the new schedule generates in myTime. For those of you that hav enever written a schedule, it generates at noon on Tuesdays. You schedule writer has until Thursday at noon to edit it before it's published. This is also why all time off requests and availability changes are supposed to be submitted by Monday. Something else to consider: HR may prefer to have conversations with TMs resigning before putting it into the system. My ETL-HR does that with everyone. So there's sometimes delay between the resignation being turned in and being keyed in.

Just to re-iterate: OP is in no way responsible for finding coverage for those shifts. They can still leave on the 7th without being penalized. OP is interested in keeping the option open to return later, if they want to. With this in mind, I would look for a way to stand out from all other TMs that might want to return and from other potential new TMs. OP can do this by taking literally 2 minutes to put the shifts on the swap board, inform HR, and walk away. I'm not suggesting that OP go up to their TMs and asking them to cover the shifts. Write down the shifts. Talk to HR. Walk away. Simple.
I am glad you see it my way now.

I am glad you see it my way now.

I haven't changed my position at all. Do you even read these posts or do you just look for a chance to show how salty you are? I never ever said OP was responsible for the shifts. You made that up just to argue.

I haven't changed my position at all. Do you even read these posts or do you just look for a chance to show how salty you are? I never ever said OP was responsible for the shifts. You made that up just to argue.
Please stop being so defensive. Nothing wrong with agreeing with someone. For the last time, you suggested that OP should go an extra step to please and make an ETLs job easy.

Please stop being so defensive. Nothing wrong with agreeing with someone. For the last time, you suggested that OP should go an extra step to please and make an ETLs job easy.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with agreeing with someone. You seem to be under the impression that you've accomplished something here when my stance had been consistent this whole time. What's wrong with giving your ETL a helping hand? Especially in a situation like this were it will take you 2 min of minimal effort. Do you have shitty ETLs that won't ever help you out? What's wrong with being that TM that takes initiative? I just don't understand what your issue is.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with agreeing with someone. You seem to be under the impression that you've accomplished something here when my stance had been consistent this whole time. What's wrong with giving your ETL a helping hand? Especially in a situation like this were it will take you 2 min of minimal effort. Do you have shitty ETLs that won't ever help you out? What's wrong with being that TM that takes initiative? I just don't understand what your issue is.
I gave an opinion like you did. You said something about a a dead object in my ass. I let that go for sake of decency. Yet you continue to exhibit bitch like behavior. Which I am ok with if you are indeed a bitch.

obviously its up to you what you decide to do, but i agree you should give them a reminder and leave it at that, thats in itself is going the extra mile. theres no ETL to please, cuz you wont be working under an ETL anymore

keep mind giving your two weeks is common practice and curtesy not the law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back