Archived being scheduled outside of your scheduled rotation......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. So I have a set weekly schedule that always includes Tuesdays off and work mon, weds and thurs and fri and the weekend rotates based on what weekend it is. The weeks schedule that was just posted today, I had taken a bunch of vacation as I'm going out of the state and one of those days I'm going to a concert. I needed 4 days off and had put in time off form for mon, weds and thurs, all approved no prob. I never thought I would have to put one in on a tuesday as I was told this is my normal day when I got promoted to Team Leader. So today the schedule was posted, and for whatever reason I was scheduled to close Tues......which also just happens to be the night of the show i'm seeing. I went to our etl-hr right literally after it was posted. They weren't sure exactly why I was scheduled either, and told me I should touch base with the ETL who did my schedule. Of course they were out of the building today. But I do plan on asking them what happened. The etl-hr said I would have to post my shift though and hope that a team member picks it up as she did not want to be short their closing night (tues is our ETL-HR LOD night). I did, but asked her, that's all they were gonna do? Post my shift and hope someone picks it up? I don't want to be rude or mean, but I am having a hard time comprehending that this was my problem. Am I in the wrong for not putting a vacation request form?

SOP for saying goodbye before you leave on vacation is to mess with your schedule a bit, didn't you know that?
It's how they let you know that you might be going away for a while but they still own you.

With the changes on my time, ask for everything off with the form. Based on what I seen, so far. My store doesn't start till June.

If your availability says you're available on Tuesday, then you're available unless you request differently. So yes I'd say it was your bad. But I would actively seek out someone to switch with or cover that shift. Or call in. If your attendance is good, you shouldn't catch too much flak.

I agree, unless you have it in your availability you are unavailable on Tuesdays, there's always a possibility you could your day off could be switched due to business needs. I know our TLs generally have the same day off each week, but every couple of months or so, it gets thrown off for a week, due to vacations, time off requests, phases of the moon, etc. Hopefully you can find someone to cover it.

If your availability says you're available on Tuesday, then you're available unless you request differently. So yes I'd say it was your bad. But I would actively seek out someone to switch with or cover that shift. Or call in. If your attendance is good, you shouldn't catch too much flak.

thankfully a fellow team leader is covering for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back