Benefits Bereavement pay

Target does not care if anyone in your family dies. Including you. Soon your immediate family will just be you. Which means you're already dead so take all the time you need. #LoveTarget

My uncle passed yesterday and was wondering if uncles are included in the Bereavement pay, that way I can take tomorrow off to spend with family. Can’t really afford to financially if it isn’t
My heart is with you in this very difficult time. Sending good karma and hopes for peaceful passing for your wonderful uncle and for you and your family to be at peace.

Target does not care if anyone in your family dies. Including you. Soon your immediate family will just be you. Which means you're already dead so take all the time you need. #LoveTarget
ROFLMAO! I think there were a couple of etl's back in my day that would have just loved it if I woke up dead! Note that I did not capitalize ETL when referencing those individuals.

There were so many at Target that earned and deserved great respect and others that were just... I don't even have words. Ugh!

When I look a lot of these posts my mind flashes back and I remember so many situations that were just so wrong. But anyway. Onward and upward!

I used to hum a song in my mind from the Rolling Stones, "Miss You". The part of the song that I would sing to myself when we had really poor etl's was "they're just like street cars". The meaning is that the turnover was so great that they'd be gone in a month or two and I'd still be there :)

When my father passed away I asked a lead about it and she said It’s only for leads you probably have to use your sick/vacation hours. Looking back I feel like I should have received bereavement pay and I probably asked the wrong person . I usually do closing shifts so I rarely see the Hr team at all.

This is true and I have seen it happen. My co worker missed work but she was already having issues I guess and she was “terminated “since it was her final ncns turned out she was missing because she was found dead later that night . Leaders didn’t show to her funeral and director acted as if she didn’t exist because she wasn’t even an employee anymore. We did a memorial for her in the break room and he said he didn’t even remember who she was and made comments about her not even being an employee at the time of her death. I feel like they really screwed her family out of the one year annual pay you are supposed to automatically get if you pass away. Make sure to assign your beneficiaries in the system as well. They will send a formal letter and beneficiary has to sign.

When my father passed away I asked a lead about it and she said It’s only for leads you probably have to use your sick/vacation hours. Looking back I feel like I should have received bereavement pay and I probably asked the wrong person . I usually do closing shifts so I rarely see the Hr team at all.
Not true. It’s for anyone that qualifies for benefits

Hello, I'm not sure why everyone is saying this changed. Aunt as of today 9/15/22 is still immediate family and you do get 3 scheduled days off. Aunt-in-law is distant family and that's up to 4 hours.

This is on the time off guide found in www.targetpayandbenefits.com after you log in
You are correct it is a little confusing because it extends on another page. If you Google it it doesn't lead you to a company written page and It says they are not. Obviously the official target benefits is a more reliable source.

Back