Archived Best practice/Best behavior only when being watched by others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

I want to get your feedback from you all as to how your different processes run no matter the workcenter and no matter the shift. Is best practice only used during visits or when another ETL from another store is covering. Or my personal favorites, when ETL HR or the STL is "observering. Don't be shy, share your thoughts!!

Depends upon the process and the payroll.

Some areas would love to follow best practice (ie 12 steps in the BR) but they have no time/payroll.

Some areas in my store are WAY off of best practice (POG, cashiers, flow and instocks,) no matter the day or whom is in the building. It's a vicious cycle. Especially since all the teams are interconnected.

Or my personal favorites, when ETL HR or the STL is "observering. Don't be shy, share your thoughts!!
It is my STL who doesn't follow best practice. Total corner cutter.

Reactions: Him
I have no idea what "best practices" mean, and I bet I'm not alone.

best practice is a guide line to follow. not anything written in stone. you ultimately have to find what works for your store and follow that as close to best practice as possible.
EX: a store with a smaller back room may use shelves as open stock locations for larger items, rather than stow them ins a steel location. is it brand? no. but does it solve the issue? yes. ultimately they want to see if you can solve problems and keep it look neat and organized.
in my district, best practice is to NOT use repack boxes for box stock when working on the floor and filling autofills/CAFs. we have to loose product on 3 tiers or tubs. its a mess but per the person above the DTL, we can not use them. they come in off the truck and are to be emptied, but not re-used.

So, best practice = work sensibly?

More silly Spot jargon I guess!

Do what works and what makes sense, and be prepared to back it up with logic and reasoning if you get called out for not following best practice.

EX: a store with a smaller back room may use shelves as open stock locations for larger items, rather than stow them ins a steel location. is it brand? no. but does it solve the issue? yes. ultimately they want to see if you can solve problems and keep it look neat and organized.

I'm in one of those stores with a small backroom. We actually re-profile the locations and mark them with brightly colored tape so everyone knows they're openstock locations. When you have items that don't fit in wacos but aren't nearly large enough to merit STOing them in the steel, what other option is there? See: toilet seats, doormats, lamps, etc.

in my district, best practice is to NOT use repack boxes for box stock when working on the floor and filling autofills/CAFs. we have to loose product on 3 tiers or tubs. its a mess but per the person above the DTL, we can not use them. they come in off the truck and are to be emptied, but not re-used.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that your GVP (or whatever the hell they're called now) has never worked in a store backroom or pushed a CAF.

We live and die by repacks at my store. We take in a crap ton of repacks every truck, and even after a sweep we still have more than we know what to do with, so it would be stupid of us not to use them for pulls and backstock, especially for BTS openstock. And for areas such as domestics, you can't fit all the casestock on a single 3-tiered cart, so you'd have multiple vehicles for the same area (as I mentioned above, my backroom is small, so we don't have room for extraneous vehicles).

Further proof that ASANTS.

Apparently our STL has said things such as "leave the cash cart there and go for backup" but our GSAs are too smart to actually do that.

I enforce best practice and best behavior in Pfesh by endlessly complaining to my CTL when someone doesn't do something. Shit that happens in Pfresh reflects on me.

Our DTL started this about a year ago. Recently our STL told our Backroom TL they could start using them. I don't think the DTL changed their mind, I think our STL just knew that repack boxes just make sense. Of course, he is only the second of all the STLs we have had who is regularly helping push product to the floor.

Our DTL started this about a year ago. Recently our STL told our Backroom TL they could start using them. I don't think the DTL changed their mind, I think our STL just knew that repack boxes just make sense. Of course, he is only the second of all the STLs we have had who is regularly helping push product to the floor.

well the guy above the dtl was the one who forbade them saying they werent brand. but they have target logos on them. so yeah go figure.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that your GVP (or whatever the hell they're called now) has never worked in a store backroom or pushed a CAF.

We live and die by repacks at my store. We take in a crap ton of repacks every truck, and even after a sweep we still have more than we know what to do with, so it would be stupid of us not to use them for pulls and backstock, especially for BTS openstock. And for areas such as domestics, you can't fit all the casestock on a single 3-tiered cart, so you'd have multiple vehicles for the same area (as I mentioned above, my backroom is small, so we don't have room for extraneous vehicles).

Further proof that ASANTS.

all we know he was with target and from california before he came to our district/region. and we get like 45-100 repacks a truck, red, black and green. but they arent brand according to him so we cant use them and somehow we make it work with tubs and such.

Is it weird that we've never used repacks for pulls?

Pulls go onto tubs. If it's a small batch, it gets combined with other batches on the same tub.

The only time we normally use repacks in the backroom is for price change batches. Mostly because they stack nicely on pallets.

Apparently our STL has said things such as "leave the cash cart there and go for backup" but our GSAs are too smart to actually do that.

I enforce best practice and best behavior in Pfesh by endlessly complaining to my CTL when someone doesn't do something. Shit that happens in Pfresh reflects on me.

I would care about Pfresh best practice if they didnt treat Pfresh like garbage. Going forward our truck push hours got shrunk by 25% and they somehow still expect it to be all pushed and backstock...

Then there is the whole scheduling only 80 or so hours for the whole week but those hours quickly dissapear when you have long huddles. The other day our midday was to zone all of paper and A block. It took from 1245 to 1:40 or so to get that all done. Ya that was fun

I dont even want to get started on cleaning...I dont know what cleaning is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back