Archived Best practice for TPC/couponing meat in a PFresh store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreturnable

Receiving/Reverse Logistics
(This is mostly from a backroom perspective, FYI). So my store is recently PFresh'ed and we've had our share of hiccups. I've been working on this problem but ran up against a wall with no one knowing how to best handle it.

As meat (or produce or anything that needs a TPC or coupon) nears its use-by date, does anyone have a good process for making sure it gets couponed, price-cut, or just pushed out to the floor? I've toyed with a few strategies and none have worked great, was hoping someone had something that works well for them, or any guidance. Thanks!

First you should not have several cases in your cooler. Only order what you need.
TPC is different for meat and produce.
Meat gets TPC 5 days before its use by date if you have a full case it the cooler. Coupons go on the day before the use by date on the sales floor.
As I do my cull I check the dates and coupon the ones that go out tomorrow. As I do my pulls from the back I check my boxes and scan the full cases for TPC then.
I follow the 4-7 rule in the PRO coolers for produce that does not have an expire date. I TPC produce with expire dates when they are 2 days from use by date. You can not use (meat) coupons on produce. All of this info should be on your poster in the ambient room. You can not TPC bakery or 210 meat, only 226 and 268 in a pFresh store

Generally, if you have a full case pack 7 days out, you'll tpc them at 10%. Depending on what sells quickly, the amount of product in back -- if its a slow moving product and I have a lot of them; ill tpc them 3-5 days out then coupon them two days out. Total value marked down cannot be more than 50% off original price.

IF it sells quick or I just have half a case, ill coupon them two days out. Best Practice says to do it one day prior but ive found that I can sell almost all product if I coupon two days prior.

Id rather make some money in sales than to take the hit and qmos out.

Id rather make some money in sales than to take the hit and qmos out.

I always said, get it out the front door, not the back door.

We try and follow the 4/7 day rule, but for the most part we are just TPCing HQ pushed product and the slower selling meat items. We've been pfresh for 4 years now, and we do TPC 218 and 210 on occasion if we have some issues with the O/N team slacking too much, or if those Huxtables things are upon expiring.

PA 0701: The number of cartons in your cooler should be dependent on sales, not just min. facing guidelines. Being an AA store, we typically have 20 cases of strawberries backstock, many additional cases of the popular salads, etc..., but make sure you are posting your TPC's on your backstock!!

Random, but I've always wondered, what is the exact purpose of posting TPC signs on your backroom product? It seems like a massive waste of time to sit there and individually tape a sign to each box, and it doesn't exactly help with the process. When I'm TPC'ing, I'll make a list of what needs to be marked down and then when I go on Store Apps to do the actual markdown, I'll adjust my list based on what the computer is telling me (on sale, going on sale, already TPC'd, etc). Not that hard.

Random, but I've always wondered, what is the exact purpose of posting TPC signs on your backroom product? It seems like a massive waste of time to sit there and individually tape a sign to each box, and it doesn't exactly help with the process. When I'm TPC'ing, I'll make a list of what needs to be marked down and then when I go on Store Apps to do the actual markdown, I'll adjust my list based on what the computer is telling me (on sale, going on sale, already TPC'd, etc). Not that hard.

I personally don't bother except on visit days. I can use the time to do other things

Right, and that's what we did, but now our ETL wants us to do it all the time. We only TPC on truck days so it's not like I'm doing it every day, but still, what a freakin' waste of time.

I do not print an extra TPC sign for my backroom. It works just as well to write TPC on the box with the new price on the box (per pound on meat) and I circle the use by date as my end date. I know we do not sell into that date but it does the trick. Writing on the boxes is part of best practice. You do not have to print a sign.

I'm a new PA without much training. Was just wondering if you could give me a run down (step by step) on the TPC process. Would greatly appreciate it. Mostly need more help with using the computer after I've already written down everything that I need to put on TPC.

Thank you. What about the computer. Do you know step by step on there that you could give me for when I'm making my TPC for the floor and backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back