Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search and didn't see anything addressing this so i apologize if i missed it.

Things have gone downhill in my store in the past year and everyone in very very unhappy with our STL and the direction our store is taking. We all want to take the BTS and voice our opinions but some TL's brought up to me today that they don't think it's actually anonymous and that i shouldn't take it. I can't decide whether i agree with that or not and if i shouldn't take it.

Any opinions?

Has any of you guys received backlash for the way you have answered the survey in the past?

I've obviously never taken it before, but a couple things... I've had these kinds of surveys at other retailers before and know those weren't anonymous, even though they would say they are... also, I know HR keeps saying they need people to take their surveys so we are at 100%... I don't know if that's based on a head count system, or the computer checks you off by employee number? So I'm not really sure if it is, or isn't. If you have to enter your employee number in at any time, I'd say they can track it pretty easily. (Haven't had my turn to take it yet.)

Damn, I was pretty honest on this years survey, I hope they don't get mad at me lol.

i find it kind of sketchy to enter your team member number but most of the time it's HR logging tm's in so i would ask them to log me in too. I think i'm just nervous because we've never had bad survey numbers and i know that this year is going to be BAD.

my ETL read some of my responses over my shoulder today WTF. said he was "making sure i logged in properly" but he was totally reading the follow up question for "feel like i can approach leadership without retaliation"

It is anonymous and you don't use your team number.
There's a spot for comments but that's where you might give yourself away if you get too specific.
If your ETLs are coming in while you are taking the survey that is not cool and should be reported to the hotline as intimidation.

my ETL read some of my responses over my shoulder today WTF. said he was "making sure i logged in properly" but he was totally reading the follow up question for "feel like i can approach leadership without retaliation"

I had a manager stand over my shoulder and *kinda jokingly but not really* tell me to give him "all fives" (highest you could rate) on our employee feedback survey at another job. Come to find out, he had said this to a few people, and had lingered while they were taking their surveys... he was subsequently transferred to another store.

It is anonymous and you don't use your team number.
There's a spot for comments but that's where you might give yourself away if you get too specific.
If your ETLs are coming in while you are taking the survey that is not cool and should be reported to the hotline as intimidation.

Good to know. I'm still pretty fresh, but I would hope they would really strive for honest feedback.

ok, i feel like the paranoia is super high in my store right now and wasn't sure if i should believe it or not. I will go ahead and take the survey and be honest. :)

Yeh, it's 'supposed' to be anonymous but there's only ONE workstation at which you can take the survey & there's a dome not far away....
Anonymous, my a$$....

Take it and be brutally honest.
It's the only way the good ones will get the credit they deserve and the bad ones might get a little flack.
If you have a store that is broken and every TM indicates that Spot will pay attention.
Cursory attention but attention all the same.

that sounds fishy! we can take it from any computer there and i've never seen anyone standing over someone to watch. Things are bad this year though so that's why i was a little nervous. I'll just be careful when taking it.

My only feedback about the survey was that there wasn't anywhere that you could write your comments in. I had a lot of feedback to give so after doing the survey I had a nice long chat with the Integrity Hotline!

I believe the comments section is for TL/SrTL only.
Regular Tms only get the agree/disagree crap.

I believe the comments section is for TL/SrTL only.
Regular Tms only get the agree/disagree crap.

Which is super awesome at ULV stores. ETLs with 2 TLs under them have a 50/50 chance of guessing which TL said what...
trap.jpg

I tore the crap out of our management. It was mostly disagree/strongly disagree across the board for them. It would be nice to find out more people felt the way that I do in my store, but I doubt it.

Yeh, it's 'supposed' to be anonymous but there's only ONE workstation at which you can take the survey & there's a dome not far away....
Anonymous, my a$$....

Trust me. AP is not wasting limited camera resources on a TMSC camera to watch you take a survey.

It's the only way the good ones will get the credit they deserve and the bad ones might get a little flack.
If you have a store that is broken and every TM indicates that Spot will pay attention.

How are you supposed to answer these vague questions when a tm has more than one ETL & various TLs that rotate?

There is no way to indicate that one ETL is good but another is awful, for instance. Some TLs are great while some TMs can't wait for their shift to end when some TLs are working.

And I'm not about to go into details by being forced to add 'comments' at the end of the survey.

The BTS is seriously flawed & useless to me. The biggest priority in my store is to make sure everyone takes the survey so the score comes up green.

I haven't had an ETL in the past year (the person who replaced the ETL that left was told not to bother learning or overseeing Pricing since I had it under control, plus then that ETL left not too long after that), so my responses for some of those questions regarding my direct Leader will be N/A. I can't wait to write in some of my comments, especially with my peers are being held accountable - like Hell they are.

As a TL, I get a couple of write-in sections. Last year and this year I was completely honest, and it wasn't terribly positive. Considering I had to be logged in to workbench, then had to log in to my email, then click the required link in the email to go to the survey, I know they can track it. They say it's anonymous, but as a corporation, I don't trust them. At all. Whatsoever. But, I don't given a f*** if they know what I wrote. Bring it. The truth hurts.

My comments were mostly about how horribly regular team members are treated throughout Target. I know they don't care, but I had to say it anyway.

How are you supposed to answer these vague questions when a tm has more than one ETL & various TLs that rotate?

There is no way to indicate that one ETL is good but another is awful, for instance. Some TLs are great while some TMs can't wait for their shift to end when some TLs are working.

And I'm not about to go into details by being forced to add 'comments' at the end of the survey.

The BTS is seriously flawed & useless to me. The biggest priority in my store is to make sure everyone takes the survey so the score comes up green.

My understanding is that you are only supposed to evaluate the TL who is your direct supervisor for the majority of the year.
The same for the ETL.
If those people were competent and worked hard than you should grade them accordingly.
Otherwise nail them to the wall.

Here is a basic overview of the BTS.
You should evaluate the TL/ETL of your work center.
The results are put into a pool and all TL come from the same pool, ETL share the same, etc.
The STL gets results from this and can look at the results based on work centers. For example, the TL's may get bashed on subject X, the STL can look and see that logistics rated it mostly low but salesfloor specialty (I forget the exact term that's used for their classification), front end, salesfloor may have rated it very high.
The STL now knows that logistics isn't doing good with whatever subject x is.
So for the most part a TM is anonymous. TL's can be found out who they are just from deduction, you have 3 salesfloor TL's and 2 are happy, put it together.

Now here's what else you should know. This is the part that gets to me because it seems as if TM's can not see the consequences of their actions. You are not going to get someone fired for the BTS, if your survey is bad enough you will become a focus store. When you become a focus store then prepare for announced and unannounced DTL+ visits seemingly every damn day (it's not every day but it's enough that you get tired of it). You know the stress that comes right before a visit? Well now you have it all the time.
If you put that you disagree with all team members being held accountable, guess what, now everyone (including you) is about to get a wake up call and be held accountable for everything.
Oh, you don't feel as if you get recognition? Write this GTC 3x a day, and speak at every huddle thanking someone. Now everyone write down 2 hobbies and let's do a word puzzle, crayons in the break room!!
Not enough communication huh? Weekly status with me on Thursdays where we will go over anything you need to know, but it will turn into you having to explain why your AAR is down, or what your plans are to make sure that dept. x maturity is positive.
If you think that going into the survey just to bash others and it will change your store then you are delusional, it may or may not bring to light some things, but people may not even care.

No comment section, vague questions, huge waste of time, go figure.

We have 2 flow TLs, one is awesome and insanely good, one is completely incompetent soooo this guy is basically going to look awesome because I didnt want to shaft the guy who deserves good marks. The questions dont make it possible in any way to decipher one from the other. The now infamous missing comment section sure would have been nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back