Best way to stack shelves on pallet?

Not sure I can explain how I do it in words, but here goes:

I typically palletize 18" deep, 48" long shelves with this method. Start with a Chep pallet.

1st layer: lay a shelf, face down and parallel with long edge of pallet. Brackets facing out. Add a second shelf mirroring the first on opposite side of pallet.

2nd layer: repeat the 1st layer method, but align to short edge of pallet, these shelves will be perpendicular to the first, and hang off edge of pallet more than 1st layer. You should have 4 face down shelves with brackets facing outward now. This will be a square if looking downward.

3rd layer: mirror the 1st layer method, but this time shelves will face up and label strip edge will be facing out. You should be able to "lock" shelves together this way. The label strip edge sorta snaps along the brackets grooves.

4th layer: same method as 3rd layer, but rotate to align with 2nd layer shelves to "lock" with them.

Repeat 1st layer through 4th layer method and continue building pallet. IDK a maximum amount, but I've had 40-50 shelves on a pallet this way easily, probably more actually.

Wrap well with pallet wrap and sky in a location that has space on either side. Shelves are wider that pallet and can "grab" nearby pallets when cling wrap touches. This is the dangerous part of skying shelves.

Wrap well with pallet wrap and sky in a location that has space on either side. Shelves are wider that pallet and can "grab" nearby pallets when cling wrap touches. This is the dangerous part of skying shelves.

Oh I know, I had a fight with the crown the other day due some lazy jackass stacking them on the top of the steel so tight I would rather try and parallel park a semi truck and trailer(which I have done) than get than stack down again. Shrink wrapped shelves next to box pallets still with straps on them. 😤

Not sure I can explain how I do it in words, but here goes:

I typically palletize 18" deep, 48" long shelves with this method. Start with a Chep pallet.

1st layer: lay a shelf, face down and parallel with long edge of pallet. Brackets facing out. Add a second shelf mirroring the first on opposite side of pallet.

2nd layer: repeat the 1st layer method, but align to short edge of pallet, these shelves will be perpendicular to the first, and hang off edge of pallet more than 1st layer. You should have 4 face down shelves with brackets facing outward now. This will be a square if looking downward.

3rd layer: mirror the 1st layer method, but this time shelves will face up and label strip edge will be facing out. You should be able to "lock" shelves together this way. The label strip edge sorta snaps along the brackets grooves.

4th layer: same method as 3rd layer, but rotate to align with 2nd layer shelves to "lock" with them.

Repeat 1st layer through 4th layer method and continue building pallet. IDK a maximum amount, but I've had 40-50 shelves on a pallet this way easily, probably more actually.

I think this is the exact method I was looking for. Had a plano tm long ago did this and it looks perfectly stacked! Thanks.

I guess it depends on the climate. I’m in the northeast and we aren’t setting patio anytime soon.

But oddly enough, we were one of the first stores in the region to set swim, all the way back in early December.
Im cold weather and set swim early too in December. We get a lot of being leaving for vacations so we sell a decent amount of swim even though it’s still -10 out some days.

Some stores set early patio. Some stores set back to routine. We’re also at like 90% for twt next next week. Getting into toys Monday.

How are you this far ahead? We only have 2 transition experts and they only get scheduled to the exact hours on set workload.

How are you this far ahead? We only have 2 transition experts and they only get scheduled to the exact hours on set workload.

The biggest factor for getting ahead this time of year is how fast your Christmas PLU sold thru. Ours blew out fast so we (myself and the other pog expert) were able to set a huge chunk right away. She condensed and I set pogs behind her. It also helped that DBOs helped fill in behind me since a lot of the merch fell into their 1for1 pulls. We were able to set 85% of mini last week too because of sell-thru and finished it this week. Pallets were sorted so easy to work out effeciently.

We are 3/4 done setting Toys for next week's workload as well. Fillback is small since it's just starting to flow in on freight so the DBO is working all that out.

Secondary factor is the expertise/experience of your experts. The longer they've been setting pogs, the more efficient they are at it. I've got a solid decade on my belt.

The biggest factor for getting ahead this time of year is how fast your Christmas PLU sold thru. Ours blew out fast so we (myself and the other pog expert) were able to set a huge chunk right away. She condensed and I set pogs behind her. It also helped that DBOs helped fill in behind me since a lot of the merch fell into their 1for1 pulls. We were able to set 85% of mini last week too because of sell-thru and finished it this week. Pallets were sorted so easy to work out effeciently.

We are 3/4 done setting Toys for next week's workload as well. Fillback is small since it's just starting to flow in on freight so the DBO is working all that out.

Secondary factor is the expertise/experience of your experts. The longer they've been setting pogs, the more efficient they are at it. I've got a solid decade on my belt.

Last week we were able to set all of seasonal and mini which is due that week, the only exception was the backwall for Xmas clearance. So we did that this past Monday. But this week my Pog experts which are seasoned Pog team members were scheduled to do other areas which doesn't allow us to get ahead at all. They were doing GM, entertainment revisions and salesplanner. We were only able to get a couple things done in toys ahead of next week's set date.

Honestly if you can keep the risers in some places where it makes sense, I'd say go for it.
As a small format our shelf storage is basically non existent so we store them on the floor in certain areas. We don’t use them for risers just shelf storage.

We have 2 face down with notches facing out on the 1st layer. 2nd layer is right side up and interlocking the notches with the first layer's notches so nothing moves. Rinse, repeat.

May have to try some of the other suggestions here though!

Back