Archived Big Changes Coming to AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:
i want to let everyone know that I recently spoke with an individual in an investigations role who informed me that the director of AP decided not to implement most of the originally discussed proposals this year.
there will be no major changes to store AP structure this year.
the latest copy of 2014 AP resource allocation still keeps the TPS and APS roles for all stores (except APTL/APL stores).

i think it's still important to know that these types of changes are being discussed, but i apologize if i caused any unneeded panic.
things that are happening for sure:
-all APTL stores will lose their TPS hours and combine APTL/APL into a single role.
(it goes without saying that the 20 or so stores in the company with an ETL-AP and APTL are not a part of this)
-there will be a general reduction of AP hours across the company.
-a cross-training program for part-time TPS is being discussed as a way for PT TPS to get more hours.
(this program would come later in 2014 if implemented)

ORIGINAL POST:

there's a lot to cover so I'll keep it brief. ask questions if you have them.

the $11million in AP payroll cuts are real. your APBPs and ETL-APs likely know what your hours allocation is for next year already. bottom line: most stores should expect less and be grateful if it's not that way.

as discussed earlier, stores will be classified on a simplified version of the risk org chart. previously this was ordered 13 (least risky) to 1 (most risky). this will now be 1 (least) to 10 (most).

now for the good stuff

"moderate risk" stores (aka most stores) will no longer have the TPS position. this will become the "ap team member" position (a paygrade 11). stores with "ap team members" will not have to follow the TPS core roles and can instead use their ap TMs as they need to. target openly admits that the current staffing model was made for higher payroll budgets. "ap team members" will not wear the TPS uniform and will instead wear khaki and an "ap shirt." most exciting, "ap team members" CAN make apprehensions (if certified).
"ap team members" will be allowed to cross train in many (but not all) work centers.

higher risk stores will continue to use the traditional model of TPS/APS going forward. if you don't have an APS now or are losing your APS in 2014 it's safe to say you will be an "ap team member" store.

Last edited:
Bottom Line, Spot doesn't want there TV's & iPods walking out the door. AP is expected to keep down the shrink so it doesn't effect profits too badly. Small ($30 or less) things walking out the door is fine.

IC is shutting down. Store AP will payed for on a as-needed basis. Store Remodel Upgrades to AP Equipment, will be very limited.

Someone was telling me about out-sourced remote monitoring. NOT by corporate, but a third party company. Anyone know anything about this?

Our TPS has known that his position has been eliminated since September or October. I know he's been job hunting but he's still here so I guess he'll making the switch to APTM, at least for awhile.

Bottom Line, Spot doesn't want there TV's & iPods walking out the door. AP is expected to keep down the shrink so it doesn't effect profits too badly. Small ($30 or less) things walking out the door is fine.

IC is shutting down. Store AP will payed for on a as-needed basis. Store Remodel Upgrades to AP Equipment, will be very limited.

Someone was telling me about out-sourced remote monitoring. NOT by corporate, but a third party company. Anyone know anything about this?

i mean no disrespect but i just want to make the distinction that the info i posted is confirmed while some of what you are posting is not. for instance, IC is not "shutting down" but they are consolidating.

i mean no disrespect but i just want to make the distinction that the info i posted is confirmed while some of what you are posting is not. for instance, IC is not "shutting down" but they are consolidating.

Keep in mind, I've been out of the company for a little while now, but before I left, they were in the process of cutting pretty much everything from IC. Whatever little staffing they still have, is probably gonna be even more eliminated.

Target over the years, has been repeatedly slowly trimming AP down. Ask any real old timers, and they'll tell you when the company seriously cared about the AP Department. Now the current push is, as long as the shrink isn't too bad, we come out ahead just paying insurance premiums vs payroll for AP. They simply don't care about the little thefts, or small things going out the door, as long, as it doesn't get out of control.

I think there's a lot of things we don't know about, going on, far up in the company. One truly wonders how much the company is LOSING money, if there coming up with all these crazy cost cutting "solutions"?

there's a lot to cover so I'll keep it brief. ask questions if you have them.

the $11million in AP payroll cuts are real. your APBPs and ETL-APs likely know what your hours allocation is for next year already. bottom line: most stores should expect less and be grateful if it's not that way.

as discussed earlier, stores will be classified on a simplified version of the risk org chart. previously this was ordered 13 (least risky) to 1 (most risky). this will now be 1 (least) to 10 (most).

now for the good stuff

"moderate risk" stores (aka most stores) will no longer have the TPS position. this will become the "ap team member" position (a paygrade 11). stores with "ap team members" will not have to follow the TPS core roles and can instead use their ap TMs as they need to. target openly admits that the current staffing model was made for higher payroll budgets. "ap team members" will not wear the TPS uniform and will instead wear khaki and an "ap shirt." most exciting, "ap team members" CAN make apprehensions (if certified).
"ap team members" will be allowed to cross train in many (but not all) work centers.

higher risk stores will continue to use the traditional model of TPS/APS going forward. if you don't have an APS now or are losing your APS in 2014 it's safe to say you will be an "ap team member" store.

Question did they go over this during any of the recent confrence calls or is this all higher up info.

Also what do you think AP team members will be doing......

As long as I still can use the cameras I dont really care.. Hopefully I can transition to a TL position soon before/if this happens.

Also PG11 arent TPS a 9...so that means raise right?

Last edited:
AP doesn't really do anything anyway. It's truly a waste of money having someone roam around the store and complain to team members that they are not doing their jobs by reporting every little thing to AP. Team members don't make enough money to care. We have always laughed hard when AP would cry in the team cuddles because the numbers are bad due to the laziness of AP.

Corporate is finally becoming smart and trimming the overpaid waste. Executive leaders don't have anything else to do so they will be in charge of the menial AP objectives.

Doesn't take any amount of thinking to handle AP and most can't even do that properly as is observed from corporate.

we must have moved up to high theft or whatnot, we are gaining another tps and and getting back our aps hours. I wonder what the AP shirt looks like? I wouldn't mind getting out of uniform, but having to back up cashier again, nope nope nope. Well looks like I have at least another year before that happens.

we must have moved up to high theft or whatnot, we are gaining another tps and and getting back our aps hours. I wonder what the AP shirt looks like? I wouldn't mind getting out of uniform, but having to back up cashier again, nope nope nope. Well looks like I have at least another year before that happens.

Thats my only concern. Like what support could we offer besides zone ect...Like how am i able to get my zone done after I apprehended someone :huh:

Thats my only concern. Like what support could we offer besides zone ect...Like how am i able to get my zone done after I apprehended someone :huh:

So the idea isn't to have you backup cashier, but to be able to supplement your own hours by working in other work centers if you are part time. and i'm sure cashiering is probably out of the question for AP.

So would this mean anything for the APL positions? I'm on the bench and am having a conversation with our APBP soon about moving into an APL role; would that position be affected as much or not really?

So would this mean anything for the APL positions? I'm on the bench and am having a conversation with our APBP soon about moving into an APL role; would that position be affected as much or not really?

Pretty much no changes to APL. APTLs will be APLs now by default as all APTL stores will get 0 TPS hours going forward.

They're retiring the APTL, Sr. TPS, Sr. APS, and Internal APS positions.

So, my store right now has an aptl and tps. Does this mean our tps dude is out of a job?

one of them is. either your store is getting an etl-ap and your tps keeps his job (highly unlikely) or your store is losing tps hours and your APTL will now be an APL.

Hmm, I think we're looking into hiring a TPS member. Does this mean it's likely we're keeping TPS or would it not be far out of reach to say they might hire someone and shift them to a APTM? From what I know, it seems like they're genuinely looking for a TPS member and that no changes would come in that area that would affect the already existing TPS member.

I don't think we're a high-risk store, but I wouldn't exactly know, either.

Also, wtf are the various AP positions? I know we have a TPS, an ETL-AP, and a plain-clothes guy. Under which area would he be?

Hmm, I think we're looking into hiring a TPS member. Does this mean it's likely we're keeping TPS or would it not be far out of reach to say they might hire someone and shift them to a APTM? From what I know, it seems like they're genuinely looking for a TPS member and that no changes would come in that area that would affect the already existing TPS member.

I don't think we're a high-risk store, but I wouldn't exactly know, either.

Also, wtf are the various AP positions? I know we have a TPS, an ETL-AP, and a plain-clothes guy. Under which area would he be?

if you have a plain-clothes person, an APS, then your store will be keeping TPS. if they lose the APS next year, then your TPS will transition to AP TMs.

f15kc.jpg

My store has an ETL-AP, an APS, a TPS, and some other guy that sits in an office all day that we never see. No clue if any of them are going bye bye or not. I have not heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back