Archived Biometrics exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having our store-wide biometrics exam tomorrow. I signed up for it, knowing I have some massive health issues, expecting to not have acquired insurance for blood testing by now. What all do they test at these things? And does this help trigger the $50 of gift cards Target talks about on the benefits page?

It will give Cholesterol (HDL & LDL), triglycerides & this should trigger the gift card or go into your HSA/HRA acct.

If I remember correctly from last year, they check your cholesterol, blood sugar, ask you if you smoke, height and weight maybe? They might ask you to ball park it, as I don't remember them having a scale. I think they measure your waist size too.

It's pretty quick, took about 10 minutes.

Watch out for these tests. My current work tried to make these tests mandatory for the Health Plan enrollment a couple years ago.

Originally, my works health coverage was free for years.

It first started out as a good faith enrollment question. If you chose Non Smoker your were eligible up to the 80/20 plan. If you chose Smoker, you would only be eligible for the 70/30 plan. Then they were going to conduct random smoker tests (hair sample and cheek swabs) afterwards to determine on who actually smoked.

Then in another year, they were going to add BMIs, Non-Smokers with BMIs under 40 could get the 80/20 plan. Then in another year, they were dropping the BMI to 35.

But it was determined this would be more costly to conduct these tests and possible lawsuits. But they decided to just charge people with the 80/20 plan a $21/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back