Archived Bit confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so im new to all this cashier thing and ive got a few questions..

1. What do i do if a customer says theyve lost their rewards card?

2. How do you do an 'even exhange' ?

3. If a customer insists something is (for example) 15% off an item and its not showing up on the monitor, how do i discount that to please the customer?

I could always ask someone at work all this but i feel like ive already annoyed them with plenty of questions.. Thanks for the help!

1) Send them to the pharmacy to have them take care of it. If you mean the REDcard (which is not a rewards card), send them to guest services so they can give the guest the number to call and report it lost/stolen.

2) Cashiers should not be attempting this. Please send them to guest services for all returns and exchanges.

3) After you ring up the item, hit K2 to change the price. Then arrow down to get to the % off and type in the percentage off you want. Then hit the selection for "guest price challenge."

1) Send them to the pharmacy to have them take care of it. If you mean the REDcard (which is not a rewards card), send them to guest services so they can give the guest the number to call and report it lost/stolen.

2) Cashiers should not be attempting this. Please send them to guest services for all returns and exchanges.

3) After you ring up the item, hit K2 to change the price. Then arrow down to get to the % off and type in the percentage off you want. Then hit the selection for "guest price challenge."

At my target cashiers are supposed to deal with returns and everything, its complicated.. But thank you this was very helpful!

At my target cashiers are supposed to deal with returns and everything, its complicated.. But thank you this was very helpful!

Does your store lack a service desk and instead have Integrated Guest Service (iGS)? If that's not the case, then cashiers should not be dealing with returns and exchanges.

Does your store lack a service desk and instead have Integrated Guest Service (iGS)? If that's not the case, then cashiers should not be dealing with returns and exchanges.

Our store has a service desk but for some reason they just send customers over to us cashiers and expect us to come to them in case we cant do something im not sure why though..

Only Guest Service desk or IGS registers should be utilized for returns or exchanges. The lanes should not have the capability to do returns/exchanges unless they are a GSTL/GSA/cashier with permissions.

If you are a new hire or seasonal, you should not be doing any form of returns.

Any cashier on any register CAN do a return. Technically the register will them do it. But it's bad practice, because then guests would expect it and it slows things down. (Beyond other issues of defecting things, etc).

Any cashier on any register CAN do a return. Technically the register will them do it. But it's bad practice, because then guests would expect it and it slows things down. (Beyond other issues of defecting things, etc).
not to mention return fraud. a noob on a lane is a sitting duck.

Just tell them they have to go to Guest Services for all returns. If they say they have done it at a register before let them know that if they happen to be at a register that has someone who normally works guest services he/she may make the exchange as a courtesy but not all cashiers are trained for returns and in general they should go to guest service for returns and exchanges. If they are only purchasing one or two things in addition, let them know that guest services can take care of everything for them. If they have a cart full of items to purchase, ring up the sales and then have them go to GS for the exchange. If your store really expects all cashiers to do returns and exchanges then blink your light and have someone come over and walk you through it if you don't know how to do it.

My store has a Service Desk and all returns, exchange and REDcard payments are to be processed there per DTL decree. Even though returns and payments can technically be processed at any register, it is bad practice, especially with payments as the cashier must have 'Guest Service' status on their #s in order to process them. Only about five or six people out of our twenty or so cashiers has Guest Service status.

Yeah well they make us do it and its quite complicated sometimes and i feel annoying constantly calling for help because im expected to do an exchange or handle returns after theyve shown me a few times and it does slow down everything but they make us do it anyway... I guess i can only get better with practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back