Archived Board Folding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your store require you to board fold? Our store tries to make us go to it every few weeks but it never stays. Board Folding to me would take forever to get the zone done. Thoughts, experiences?

I do work soft lines as flow not sales floor tm. I never board fold. Ain't got time for dat!

as long as you can fold and it looks good i do not board fold that is for a few TMs who cannot fold ... they cannot fold towels how the hell do you expect them to fold a shirt.

they cannot fold towels how the hell do you expect them to fold a shirt.

I've got the towel thing down, but I can't fold a shirt correctly to save my life........even if it's a little kid size with fold marks in it. :D

At the first store I worked at our SL team members used the boards. At my current store most don't even know what the boards are...lol... And I've never seen anyone use one. At the store that board folds the ETL of soft lines has been there for almost 30 yrs and is very good at leading and soft lines looks amazing compared to my current store that does not have an ETL of soft lines at all. It's interesting to see/hear how other stores run and how they do things differently and the strong and weak points.

It's been years since I've seen a folding board. And I've definitely never seen it in my current store.

We do not use the boards!
One easy trick to make a table look amazing : find a shirt that is still factory folded , put it upside down still folded , and put the unfolded one on top of it and fold it following the out line of the folded shirt !
For a stack , put the smallest size (xs)upside down and make sure the sticker strip is in the right place , place the size smal on top of it etc , still making sure the stickers are touching each other , put the stack right side up , and voila ,done !!!
I am a pain in the rear end with the tables and jeans walls ....

Board folding? Is that that thing Sheldon does... folding his shirts?

Yup. The flip n fold.

Last year was the first time I'd ever seem them. The fold looked very good, but it took forever. Nobody got time for that. I can fold a shirt on my chest in milliseconds.

I read The Life changing magic of tidying Up and iI am an advocate of the Japanese rectangle based folding method. I love to fold laundry. It is very soothing to me. Have you ever been in a nursing home when they give an Alzheimers patient a ball of yarn to wind over and over? Irs like that for me. My dream job would be to fold laundry all day long while listening to my Ipod loud enough to keep the real world a distant memory.

I read The Life changing magic of tidying Up and iI am an advocate of the Japanese rectangle based folding method. I love to fold laundry. It is very soothing to me. Have you ever been in a nursing home when they give an Alzheimers patient a ball of yarn to wind over and over? Irs like that for me. My dream job would be to fold laundry all day long while listening to my Ipod loud enough to keep the real world a distant memory.

That book's on my list! I started reading Unclutter Your Life in a Week (it's not actually possible and I of course skip over the office parts) and then I heard of KonMari. I keep seeing before afters of her method and they're all so great.

You could work at a laundromat that does wash and fold... Or start your own wash and fold service. There's other stuff to do besides folding, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back