Will the board call for Cornell to retire or resign???

Bri Bri plumped his golden parachute nice and big. We are paying the price. His exit package even at retirement will probably exceed the companies hourly payroll for the year. Allegedly.
charitably, this is not realistic

i am doing some real lazy napkin math here, but you have somewhere in the ballpark of 1900 stores whose payroll needs range from as low as ~800 hours a week total for some small formats to 5000+ hours for supers and UHV stores, so let's find a middle ground and say maybe 2500 hours of payroll per week per store, averaged out chainwide

that's... roughly? four and a half million hours of payroll per month? at a baseline cost of fifteen an hour, that's $71m right there. and that's not counting DC team members, stores where the base pay is over $15/hr, accounting for all of the other costs that go into payroll than just the hourly wage paid to team members, etc.

there is absolutely no way cornell is getting an exit package north of $125m

Cornell was the best thing to happen to this company… 20 straight quarters of growth? That’s insane. The freight issue is an industry issue not a target issue. Targets actually one of the few companies smart even to openly talk about lower profits due to moving product at much cheaper prices to alleviate the issues. You do understand target as a company blew threw 5-10 year projections in the matter of a couple years due to the pandemic? There’s only so much one person or even a company can do in such a short time. This is a growing period for target and no one would have been able to predict the last couple year and make the “right” decisions in such unprecedented times. I think target as a company has adapted extremely well through the last few years. What’s your magical plan that a new magical ceo would accomplish?
I disagree. Bob Ulrich was the best ceo Target ever had.

Luck

The one and only SCTM™
Why will I need Target when Amazon will be same day delivering shit to my doorstep in a more efficient manner? Or droning it to me in a matter of minutes?
The largest angle Target has in the retail game is same day delivery. You are undervaluing it. The ability for me to order anything I want and get it not in 2 days (which Amazon has mostly backed down from), not even next say. But the same exact day in as little as two hours. It is ridiculous. Insane. And with Sortation Centers being opened up across the country soon we will be able to deliver anything to anybody in the same manner as Amazon, faster and more efficiently.

Luck

The one and only SCTM™
In 1987 when Ulrich first took over as CEO, there were around 250 Target stores. Ulrich stepped down in early 2008 and there were roughly 1700 Target stores. A 680% increase in Target presence.

Cornell took over in 2014 with ~1800 stores. Fast forward to 2022. 1937 stores, or a whopping 7.6% increase in presence.

Yes, Cornell is killing it. Let me tell you. :rolleyes:
Now look at the number of distribution centers opened since Cornell started.

You are thinking of Target like a retail store. That is not the future. Target is exiting the grocery game. Target is only focusing on opening small format stores. Target has closed many food courts to add more OPU space.

We are turning every store into a walk-in DC. And opening lots of new RDCs, SCs, etc. To accommodate. Spending $$$ updating the DCs with new systems.

We have the stores. The major challenge is updating the distrobution. And there are loads of major changes happening that you dont really see store side.

If they want to be like Amazon they need to pay us like Amazon. As a former employee of Amazon they actually gave lots of overtime out and didn’t complain about it as they wanted the job to get done.

Florida Dawg

Former Cart Attendant Pro and Target Employee
If they want to be like Amazon they need to pay us like Amazon. As a former employee of Amazon they actually gave lots of overtime out and didn’t complain about it as they wanted the job to get done.
Lmao this mindset is exactly why Target is soft, Pay employees more than $15hr which is already good enough just for more employees to be lazy and managers don’t do anything about it as long as they suck up. Anyone who still works there now should be thankful for the pay they have already even if they don’t do as much.