Archived Bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Target get rid of bowling?

It's more efficient and allows push for a department to be all done in 1 round, instead of taking multiple trips to grab a vehicle,push that vehicle, then walk to the back to throw away trash, cardboard, and backstock, then bring that vehicle back to receiving, then grab another vehicle for that department.

It makes pushing take much longer for any department because it forces team members to take 3-6 trips to the back and back to the salesfloor just to push all of 1 department.

Also, they need to bring back staging the vehicles where they go once they are full while unloading the truck to reduce the number of footsteps required to push a department.

Why did Target get rid of bowling?

It's more efficient and allows push for a department to be all done in 1 round, instead of taking multiple trips to grab a vehicle,push that vehicle, then walk to the back to throw away trash, cardboard, and backstock, then bring that vehicle back to receiving, then grab another vehicle for that department.

It makes pushing take much longer for any department because it forces team members to take 3-6 trips to the back and back to the salesfloor just to push all of 1 department.

Also, they need to bring back staging the vehicles where they go once they are full while unloading the truck to reduce the number of footsteps required to push a department.
I still bowl every single night. Definitely the most efficient way .

What happened was that the schedule always sucked so bowled casestock stayed chillin in the aisles until well after store open and guests were bitching on Facebook about it. Much simpler to kill the process instead of adding enough hours to make it work

Better to leave boxes on the floor all day until someone can push it, instead of having vehicles of push all over the backroom.

What happened was that Target decided that having TMs on the floor while the store is open is more important that having fully stocked shelves upon opening. So we have u-boats filled with product on the floor but no trash cages and no back stock vehicles, and TMs pushing freight and constantly asking guests, "Is my vehicle in your way?" Efficiency is a thing of the past. Having flow TMs, who know how to push quickly and read both the pick label and the shelf tag, doing the push has given way to much of it being done by sales floor TMs. So I'm constantly taking overstock and wrongly stocked product off the shelf. But no one cares about any of that anymore. At least not at my store. It can be sort of depressing sometimes. (Today was not a great day.)

I wouldn't want to work overnight the earliest I can work is 6 am no matter what.. No bread for me I don't even like full shifts. 4-5 hrs days are lit.

Let the record reflect that allnew2’s store is certified most lit in the entire company, with 9,000 hours a month and an 🔥 OFF-SITE BACKROOM 🔥! As soon as I figure out where it’s @ I’m gonna transfer
Since I’m leaving you should take my spot . I should say if they ever let me go all I hear is the business needs you :

Better to leave boxes on the floor all day until someone can push it, instead of having vehicles of push all over the backroom.
This is arguably one of the dumbest things I’ve heard on this website. I think we all can agree that bowling works better for us, but it’s awful for guests, there’s really no if’s and’s or but’s about that. Guests shouldn’t have to deal with boxes lined up all over the store when their shopping. Getting rid of bowling is probably the only element of Modernization that actually makes sense to me.

Guests shouldn’t have to deal with boxes lined up all over the store when their shopping. Getting rid of bowling is probably the only element of Modernization that actually makes sense to me.

or HQ could just stop fucking with start times and let all stores start at 4 am. Guests don’t have to deal with boxes if they all got pushed earlier before the store opened

Having boxes on the ground when the stores open is more on leadership then the process. The bowlers should only be like a dept. Ahead of the wave so when its gets close to 8am then the bowlers can stop bowling and start taking any pallets and cages back, while the rest of the team finishs what's on the ground

Having boxes on the ground when the stores open is more on leadership then the process. The bowlers should only be like a dept. Ahead of the wave so when its gets close to 8am then the bowlers can stop bowling and start taking any pallets and cages back, while the rest of the team finishs what's on the ground
But how much can you actually bowl if you start at 4 am? If I was to start at 4 am with a 2500 pieces truck without counting the 20h of auto fill .What chance will I have to unload , bowl , stock and clean? The expectations are to be done with that kind of truck size in 2 hours with 5 people only.

I expect to own the goat from Valhalla that dispenses beer...doesn't mean I'll get it.

I mean WTF, they have to know the work won't get done with that tiny amount of people.

But how much can you actually bowl if you start at 4 am? If I was to start at 4 am with a 2500 pieces truck without counting the 20h of auto fill .What chance will I have to unload , bowl , stock and clean? The expectations are to be done with that kind of truck size in 2 hours with 5 people only.
I always start cleaning my floor at 7 am , and when the store opens I still have stuff lined up to bring in recieving. And I’m an overnight store . Now if I was 4 am or 6 am I would say fuck it what’s the point of bowling . By the time you unload and bowl is time to clean. Not efficient or productive

It’s extremely messy to bowl. The store looked like sh*t with boxes and trash cages everywhere. If the truck unload is done right the boats should be loaded by aisle and then by section, which is how our store does it. The TM starts at the beginning of the aisle and stocks as they pull the boat down the aisle. Boxes only have to be moved once. If the boats at your store are only loaded by aisle and you have section 5 on top of section 3 on top of section 6 then that’s on the unload team not loading the boats correctly.

I miss the days where the sales floor isn't doing freight until 10pm. Why even bother with an inbound team these days? Just get the vehicles loaded and leave, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back