Archived Brand Team Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today someone congratulated me. My response was, "For what?" I guess in a TL meeting they announced they're making me a brand TM. I've never had anyone talk to me about any type of development. Don't they usually ask people about this kind of stuff?

So many people look down on those who get excited about being a brand team member. BUT
You get a raise! 25 cents, but still. You are a pay grade higher than others on the sales floor! In some stores it's a promising sign towards being benched.
In my situation I was given permission to tell other SFTM's what to do because I know what i'm talking about.
You will have more responsibility but hey... that's a good thing.

So you get paid more, more responsibility and the TL's/ETL's/STL all like you more
Win win win.
So congrats.

I thought brand was something you apply for too, similar to how I applied for PA, but it was almost always internal.

Great job! Congrats!
Thank you, but I haven't done anything. I didn't ask for it or anything and I'm not even sure what it will end up being. The only things I'm good at is guest service (I love our guests) and...well... enthusiasm?

Ok...so things at work are still awkward. Another TL congratulated me and when I asked "What for?" they stammered and made up something. We were both embarrassed. The TL that first said something to me asked me if "they" had said anything to me yet. Then another TL came up and said yes they told all them in the meeting. I asked if they were asked not to tell me and they said absolutely not. They just can't understand why no one has told me. This is freaking me out. I never asked any one about being a brand TM. I don't really know if I want to work in the area involved. Even if I wanted to, I'm honestly not sure I even could do it.
I probably sound ridiculous to those of you deciding about accepting higher positions but all this is very important to me. I don't want to disappoint any one or let anyone down. Isn't this a strange way to handle this?

Ok...so things at work are still awkward. Another TL congratulated me and when I asked "What for?" they stammered and made up something. We were both embarrassed. The TL that first said something to me asked me if "they" had said anything to me yet. Then another TL came up and said yes they told all them in the meeting. I asked if they were asked not to tell me and they said absolutely not. They just can't understand why no one has told me. This is freaking me out. I never asked any one about being a brand TM. I don't really know if I want to work in the area involved. Even if I wanted to, I'm honestly not sure I even could do it.
I probably sound ridiculous to those of you deciding about accepting higher positions but all this is very important to me. I don't want to disappoint any one or let anyone down. Isn't this a strange way to handle this?
Well, honestly, the fact of the matter is, is that you're about to be cleaning bathrooms and trashcans and misc spills (the kind tms don't want to clean up, not like water or food), and it sounds like they don't know how to approach you.
Personally, as a tl, I wouldn't even take the position of I got to keep my current pay.
Don't forget, every spot needs to be filled, so maybe they're replacing your last position but wanted to keep you in the store

I'd talk with etlhr and express your discontent for how the situation has been handled, and it's left a bad taste in your mouth over the position, and tell them you happily decline

Umm Consume I think that's Brand Attendant. Brand TMs tend to be sales floor TMs tied to a specific area (shoes, RTW, electronics, MMB, etc. depending on store volume and what's needed) that they basically own and run themselves. At least in my experience that's what they are, my store had a couple softlines brand TMs but no brand attendant (or cart attendant for that matter).

At my store the GSAs did all those shitty (literally) jobs you just mentioned.

Last edited:
get out while u can. Ur gonna get switched to a flow tm. Its coming, run

Shoe brand team member checking in.. I haven't been scheduled in softlines for 3 weeks. Good luck and hopefully you have a store that cares about the brand of wherever you are put.

It would be one of 2 brand positions in SL or a new Baby Advisor Role which is also brand. Only 25??? Wow...

Has anyone here been given more than 25 cents when they became "brand?"

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me anything and I feel really weird at work. I know they told everyone at the TL meeting that I was going to be the Brand TM. Why didn't they talk to me first? They had to know someone would talk to me about it. They discussed it in a meeting then did not tell anyone to keep it quiet. This does not bode well. It is still posted on the long list of available positions. One of the 2 TLs just turned in her 2weeks and the other is acting as the only GSTL.

Still waiting...
As far as telling other TMs what to do I'm used to that when I'm zone caption. Our closing team has hardlines and softlines zone captions.
Maybe they won't tell me anything. Maybe they changed their minds.

The bright side of being a baby advisor is you don't have to wear red & khaki :)

A friend of mine got promoted from Hardlines to Instocks... it was a .50 cent raise at the time. After six months she never saw the increase on her check. After a talk with HR they ended up backpaying her for the missing amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back