Archived breaks??

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it against the rules to take breaks together with friends???? I have one lod that tells me I can't take a break with my s.o. even though we work in different areas is that true or is she just being rude?
edit neither of us have scheduled breaks and we always make sure someone is watching over

Last edited:
You should be taking your break at your scheduled time. Breaks are staggered so there’s always coverage on the sales floor. It’s not rude, it’s work.

If times line up sure not a problem, but if one of you has a set time, no you shouldn't be adjusting the set break time to go with your SO.. You are screwing others who are waiting to go to break..

It’s true because breaks are SCHEDULED and there’s always time outside of work for you to be with your significant other.

It shouldn’t matter if you have coverage but Asants so follow your lead or leader.

OP has said several times now that their store's breaks are not scheduled, and they arrange coverage, so they are not hurting anyone else by taking breaks together.

If our LODs had problems with people taking breaks at the same time that'd be mighty hypocritical because the 3 closing ETLs tend to eat together in the break room. To me it sounds like LOD on a power trip, but there's not much you can do about it. You could try asking what their concerns are. It could just be the optics.

I'm assuming, of course, that you're hanging out in the break room and chatting like you generally would be with other TMs and not making out in a corner or something like that. :)

OP has said several times now that their store's breaks are not scheduled, and they arrange coverage, so they are not hurting anyone else by taking breaks together.

If our LODs had problems with people taking breaks at the same time that'd be mighty hypocritical because the 3 closing ETLs tend to eat together in the break room. To me it sounds like LOD on a power trip, but there's not much you can do about it. You could try asking what their concerns are. It could just be the optics.

I'm assuming, of course, that you're hanging out in the break room and chatting like you generally would be with other TMs and not making out in a corner or something like that. :)
thank you!!!! yeah she's the only one who has an issue with it other lods don't care it's literally just one lod who everyone can't stand and she makes up rules all the time.

thank you!!!! yeah she's the only one who has an issue with it other lods don't care it's literally just one lod who everyone can't stand and she makes up rules all the time.

Ugh. In that case, your best bet is to just plan on not taking breaks together when she's LOD. It's stupid, but not worth the aggro.

At my store we give the TMs the freedom to take their breaks and lunches when they'd like. However we do ask that they use reason. Are you the only 2 TMs in softlines? Don't take your breaks at the same time. Are you the electronics closer and the other electronics TM leaves at 930? Take you lunch before they leave. It's all about coverage across the store. Even TMs working in different workcenters can through off the coverage by leaving at the same time. So I'd say your leaders are being very reasonable in asking you not to take your break with your SO.

There always has to be one ETL like that whose life is apparently so miserable that they need to spread misery to others wherever they go. These ETLs should have a new title that reflects the influence the have in their stores: ETL-Morale and retention destruction.😏

Yes...unless the break length is exceeding what is considered appropriate. Easy to do when you are hanging out w s/o.

Yes...unless the break length is exceeding what is considered appropriate. Easy to do when you are hanging out w s/o.

If that were the case they should be coached for taking long breaks, but since it sounds like one LOD with a bug up her ass and less of a systemic problem, well, it sounds like an LOD with a bug up her ass, not a problem with the OP or SO.

The entire desire is a silly thing to fuss over.

One LOD said that friends/SOs aren’t allowed to take breaks together no matter what (even total different departments) and one LOD told me he thought it was cute my boyfriend and I take our breaks/lunches together. Just depends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back