Archived Breavement

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for your loss, keep us updated. and if they don't back down, call your hrbp or your hotline. you can call tmsc and speak to a rep and they'll explain the bereavement pay and check your hours.

my former etlhr gave me grief when my grandmother passed (she lived in another state). wanted to know exactly when and where, and then said he would pay me for one day. i told him i was allowed three, i had already spoken to tmsc, and that if it was not keyed, i would contact our dtl. he keyed it immediately. don't back down!

sorry for your loss, keep us updated. and if they don't back down, call your hrbp or your hotline. you can call tmsc and speak to a rep and they'll explain the bereavement pay and check your hours.

my former etlhr gave me grief when my grandmother passed (she lived in another state). wanted to know exactly when and where, and then said he would pay me for one day. i told him i was allowed three, i had already spoken to tmsc, and that if it was not keyed, i would contact our dtl. he keyed it immediately. don't back down!

Well done!

My condolences on the passing of your grandfather. He would be considered an immediate family member, eligible for up to 3 scheduled days off (5 if the funeral is more than 250 miles away) You do not need to swap shifts, simply let your supervisor and HR team know about the situation, and you will be given funeral pay (if eligible) if not you will be given excused unpaid time off. Yes, it's the HR's responsibility to have payroll apply the funeral pay hours. Yes, please call your SUP and HR ASAP!
My grandfather passed a few days ago and the funeral is Friday during my shift.
Is there a way I can get it off or will i have to swap shifts. If i cant swap shifts i will most likely have to call out which i hate doing.

What is the process for bereavement. do i get paid? I know since i am scheduled its my responsibility but i heard if it was for a death then HR takes care of it, which i have no idea if it's true or not.

there is only one other person in my store trained for CO and she works another job.

I dont go in til Wednesday. should I call my HR and let them know.. or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back