Archived Funeral pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all, I made a post a couple weeks back about my Grandpa and how he was sick. Well he passed the other day. I went into Target and spoke to one of the HR bosses and told her everything. She gave me the week off.

Now my question is, will I get paid for the days I don't work? I never asked to get paid or put in for it, but I went on to check the schedule today, and I noticed that for yesterday's shift...instead of saying "Absence confirmed," like it always does when I call out...it says "Pay hours-funeral."

So I'm just curious, wondering if that means I got paid for yesterday?

There is some pay given for funerals, but they will burn any of vacation hours to cover your days off as well(if your HR is on the ball). Cause if I remember its only three days for a parent. I was off close to a month when my parent died a few years ago..

I am sorry your grandpa passed.

You will get 3 days bereavement pay they rest of time is unpaid. You can use vacation if you want but you'd have to tell hr to input it. I know this personally from a death earlier in the year. Sorry about your grandFather

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the sentiments and the knowledge.

One more question...is it the full amount that i would get paid if I were working? Other places I've worked at, you got paid for bereavement but it was 50% of what you usually make.

*Useful information*
Well, crap, I wish I had known this ahead of time. My last paycheck had 7.75 hours of sick time that I used when I went to my friend's memorial. I could have used the four hours of bereavement, but I assumed that it was only for family.

So sorry about your grandfather. I lost mine in 2014 and think about him everyday.

Sorry for your loss.

My dad's funeral was in June. I took off 5 days around a weekend, and 3 were paid days off.

However they calculate your day off by the average hours/week. Right now I average 22 hrs a week, so my paid days were only 4 hours long.

The week leading up to my time off, I was already over 22 hours. (I took off Friday, Saturday) It looked like a normal 5 day week.

The next week (Different Pay period) I was off Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and back to work Wed-Sat (worked 4 days).

I did get my paid time off but it was split in 3 pay periods, because I was still working my average hours each week. As you can see, I took 5 days off, but they were around a weekend so those weeks looked like a normal working week (I worked 5 days week one and 4 days week two)

SFSfun . . . where did you get this information?
Targetpayandbenefits.com

The actual PDF file with all the info is buried in there in a really difficult place to find. But it's called 2016TimeOffProgramGuideforNonExemptTM.pdf and lists all of our various time off and pay benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back