Archived Brian's post Q4 email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian sent out a company wide email (to those who have a TGT email account. Thanking the Team for their efforts in achieving 5.7 comp during the holidays. Rest praises the strategy etc.

He and the rest of the leadership at HQ have to realize it is general consumer confidence that drove those numbers, NOT Modernization. The fact is, we succeeded in spite of yourselves. The whole company at this point is a house of cards. A down turn in the economy will bring that house down in short order.

I suggest we all just keep working slower as one team until corporate gets the hint.

Corporate: "Work harder for the same amount of pay."

Team Members: "No?"

Corporate:
pikachu_surprised_meme-691x400.png

That 5.7 was just the holiday period comp not all of Q4 or the FY. Also, increased sales does not necessarily mean a corresponding increase in profits.

Exactly. I wonder how much extra it costed to offer free shipping during the holidays and to pay SFS to hunt it down and box it up. Wonder how much more product got damaged or went missing since the shit storm of Modernization started. How much money was spent on training new team members non stop to replace the people leaving at a record pace. This Cornell guy is a world class charlatan, misleading investors at every turn.

Exactly. I wonder how much extra it costed to offer free shipping during the holidays and to pay SFS to hunt it down and box it up. Wonder how much more product got damaged or went missing since the shit storm of Modernization started. How much money was spent on training new team members non stop to replace the people leaving at a record pace. This Cornell guy is a world class charlatan, misleading investors at every turn.
And all the product going salvage because it never saw the sales floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back