Archived Brian's post Q4 email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Brian is a huge cheerleader. Hes better than Greg but that isnt saying much.

I remember when he came to our group last year. They sent etls from other stores in a 20 mile radius to perfect the store. All Cornell sees is Red Carpet not the struggles you face everyday. Its disgusting to be honest.

well sir and or madam you win the race to the bottom.

^humorous writing is not my strongest suit.

The lost sales in those pallets is not easily tracked is it? I wonder if some spreadsheet/database wizard from corporate could figure all that out.
I think it is tracked in the a, b or some other type of markdown. It used to show on store metrics. I'm sure someone here knows more specifics.

I think it is tracked in the a, b or some other type of markdown. It used to show on store metrics. I'm sure someone here knows more specifics.

Ours had to be obnoxious. There were items I finally saw come out that I couldn't find doing sfs and had to INF. When I pulled the seasonal salvage, I just cleared shelf locations and cleared them in the mydevice. Then I went into the pda and cleared any remaining seasonal batches. I found so much stuff that was unlocated. So much money down the drain. I guess that's modern.

He’s not a moron. He’s a sociopath and he’s spinning it like any good corporate boy would.
You could be right. I saw a psychology news article that reported on a study that suggested many Wall Street CEOs do fit the medical definition of sociopath and that's why they are so successful in running companies to benefit them and don't seem to empathize with the lower level folks that suffer from the business practices.

Exactly. I wonder how much extra it costed to offer free shipping during the holidays and to pay SFS to hunt it down and box it up. Wonder how much more product got damaged or went missing since the shit storm of Modernization started. How much money was spent on training new team members non stop to replace the people leaving at a record pace. This Cornell guy is a world class charlatan, misleading investors at every turn.

none was spent at my store since they don't train.

You could be right. I saw a psychology news article that reported on a study that suggested many Wall Street CEOs do fit the medical definition of sociopath and that's why they are so successful in running companies to benefit them and don't seem to empathize with the lower level folks that suffer from the business practices.
My STL.

Research has also found narcissism to be a factor in corporate leadership and a lack of empathy. Narcissism doesn’t seem to be lacking in store leadership, either.🙄

It did in my store. Toys was booming. 6 double trucks a week and a toy team getting it out fast every day. We started purging the backroom the 15th and had very little toys left to ticket clearance.
while we had the opposite. we had a guy. who did more standing and talking and bad mouthing other people but is still considered the golden child by the STL. hence the pallets of toy clearance and salvage. to be honest a half pallet of salvage

We had 3 dedicated toys stockers at 38-40 hours a week. Another dedicated toys stocker (who sucks) worked 20-25 hours a week. Toys was priority one for inbounds so the 2 most veteran truck team members hit toys first. We also had ETLs from other areas of the store "helping" to stock toys. A backroom team member's sole job everyday was to backstock toys, grab our pulls, determine what had been sitting in the back too long and send that back out to us to rework.

My store is in the same strip mall as a closed Toys 'r Us. Shit was flying off our shelves and we worked our asses off to replenish it. But, the DC sent us so much freight that we have a ton of clearance and salvage. Just too much of some items and not enough of others. Didn't really need a pallet's worth of Baby Alive dolls. Could have used several more pallets of Our Generation dolls and accessories though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back