Archived Btc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to double check with signing ninja about all the backer paper and headers for the endcaps in hardlines, (some of them may be in the back end).

the week before the set my team will only get 35 hours or so, so you can't truly prep the set ahead if payroll is like most stores.
read through all your materials. you will have 2 phases... softlines basics bins and rear seasonal.
the first is btc bins on the floorpad in softlines which sets the week before rear seasonal. they are a pain to build. make sure, if no one else gets hours, your signing ninja is scheduled to get all those pesky bins built. and for the love of spot, GIVE HIM/HER HELP! also, build the bins for rear seasonal as soon as they arrive. you will have pallets of bins to build. we usually sort them by dpci in hanger bins as we build them so they're nice and sorted and we can wheel them all out at once as we set.
the second phase is rear seasonal itself. the biggest prob with it is patio clearance which doesn't sell through. set your carry forward patio first (preferably AS SOON AS you get strips in). partner with sft to determine gondola moves for btc. it's hard to give direction without knowing your layout. our seasonal is in the corner, so we condense our clearance to the back wall (which will set with btc backpacks). this way, it's all together and we can set all other btc runs around it in case we have to put off setting a run due to heavy clearance. also, the floorpad will be difficult to set due to the amount of floorpad clearance (large patio sets). it you want to pm me, we can discuss your layout specifically.
you're also gonna wanna partner with the backroom and ensure you have support to handle backstock. DO NOT overmap your team that week. have them set, push, and backstock as they go (if youre store operates that way). this way you're not trying to bs 100 flats at the end. make sure your bulk side tm is separating your transition pallets by pog, and not by item type. you will also have dual location stickers that you have to put out in stationery. get those out soon as you receive them and the department has revised.
btc isn't really that bad, what i really hate is the btc into halloween. 9000000 clearance notebooks is NO FUN. it's my least favorite thing to set in the world. GOOD LUCK!

the week before the set my team will only get 35 hours or so, so you can't truly prep the set ahead if payroll is like most stores.
read through all your materials. you will have 2 phases... softlines basics bins and rear seasonal.
the first is btc bins on the floorpad in softlines which sets the week before rear seasonal. they are a pain to build. make sure, if no one else gets hours, your signing ninja is scheduled to get all those pesky bins built. and for the love of spot, GIVE HIM/HER HELP! also, build the bins for rear seasonal as soon as they arrive. you will have pallets of bins to build. we usually sort them by dpci in hanger bins as we build them so they're nice and sorted and we can wheel them all out at once as we set.
the second phase is rear seasonal itself. the biggest prob with it is patio clearance which doesn't sell through. set your carry forward patio first (preferably AS SOON AS you get strips in). partner with sft to determine gondola moves for btc. it's hard to give direction without knowing your layout. our seasonal is in the corner, so we condense our clearance to the back wall (which will set with btc backpacks). this way, it's all together and we can set all other btc runs around it in case we have to put off setting a run due to heavy clearance. also, the floorpad will be difficult to set due to the amount of floorpad clearance (large patio sets). it you want to pm me, we can discuss your layout specifically.
you're also gonna wanna partner with the backroom and ensure you have support to handle backstock. DO NOT overmap your team that week. have them set, push, and backstock as they go (if youre store operates that way). this way you're not trying to bs 100 flats at the end. make sure your bulk side tm is separating your transition pallets by pog, and not by item type. you will also have dual location stickers that you have to put out in stationery. get those out soon as you receive them and the department has revised.
btc isn't really that bad, what i really hate is the btc into halloween. 9000000 clearance notebooks is NO FUN. it's my least favorite thing to set in the world. GOOD LUCK!
Great job, dek!

dek said about all.. one other tip is to go through your manual and make sure you have all the parts you need for setting, for instance we just went through remodel and they decided to get rid of all my extra short gondola parts , I had to reorder everything and hope it gets here in time. I always have my signing team member get started ASAP as early as possible. My store is getting a separate trailer for BTS and they are planning on having the flow team help us push, but plan on it taking forever and being very organized so everyone isnt walking on top of each other. that's always a bunch of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back