Archived Bts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I get highlighters for college, but I just meant in middle school. I have never seen them used in middle school yet teachers constantly ask for them.

The brand stuff makes me roll my eyes.

Nah, I get highlighters for college, but I just meant in middle school. I have never seen them used in middle school yet teachers constantly ask for them.

The brand stuff makes me roll my eyes.

Or the teachers that want specific colors of things. Are you trying to turn every child into Leslie Knope? (Those who watch Parks and Recreation will understand.)

The "name brand only" teachers wear me out! The worst thing is having to ignore the kids that treat their parents like dirt. One of these days I'm going to bite my tongue completely off!

It's almost as aggravating when the list isn't specific enough.
The list for my son said, among other things:
washable markers, 2 packs of glue sticks, 1 box of baby wipes, 1 box of Kleenex

Like, can you be less specific please?

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in back room thread. With back to school coming in what has to be sorted? Does some of it come in case packs? I thought everything was shipped individually. I want to try to come up with a plan to make back to school run as smoothly as possible.

ExpertTL! I feel the same way! I am excited about back to school & I to want to come up with a plan to address some of the opportunities I typically see every year. I want to look at the entire process from receiving, to flow, to SF to the guests. I just to want to make things go more smoothly this year. Let's brainstorm!

Anyone in a store setting early? We are setting ours three weeks early for the first time this year. We recently changed to an all year school calendar. We set the week of June 22.

I think that the question here wasn't where the store was located....it was about which state now has a year round school calendar.

My advice would be to look at the transition item list the night before and if it's a lot of different pogs but not many items per POG, stack them together and put them up somewhere. When you get more trucks and have more complete pogs, separate them then. That way you have less pallets per POG. After it's been set, backstock everything in location, but try to minimize the open stock.

I spent way to much time moving items to their correct spot so I could stock whatever was supposed to go there. It started the day after it was set.

They weren't back stocking so we had 20+ triple tiers, red tubs & flats full of everything parked off stage. We were supposed to keep pushing it but it was so crowded you could barely walk back there.

That works too. I think it needs to be pre-tied to do that. Which it should be.

They weren't back stocking so we had 20+ triple tiers, red tubs & flats full of everything parked off stage. We were supposed to keep pushing it but it was so crowded you could barely walk back there.

I kept telling our ETL's "Good luck with that." They started backstocking last year when we didn't have tubs or 3-tiers for the normal pulls.

I do NOT understand the no backstocking thing. If a guest is looking for a specific item (and the guest comes first, right?) the only way to find it is to have it backstocked.

Exactly! It was impossible to find the things the guests needed. Everything was all mixed up and you couldn't find anything. It seems we always have way to much stuff no one needs or wants and not nearly enough of what they do!

"It seems we always have way to much stuff no one needs or wants and not nearly enough of what they do!"
The first thing to come to my mind are the focal, trend runs, not sure if I am saying the right areas

Can they stop using these stupid cardboard displays that break within seconds?
The carboard "shippers" in SL (think Hanes and Fruit of the Loom) just keep getting flimsier and flimsier every year. We've been jerry-rigging them with tape when they fall apart but that seems to either look awful, work for less than 48 hours, or both.

I got wrangled in to be the "BTS team member" (ha) my first year working there almost 3 years ago. I didn't do it last year because of obvious reasons. I pity the fool who they get to do it this year. Its a joke. I can't believe its already BTS time..

I got wrangled in to be the "BTS team member" (ha) my first year working there almost 3 years ago. I didn't do it last year because of obvious reasons. I pity the fool who they get to do it this year. Its a joke. I can't believe its already BTS time..

What's BTS team member? Does it pay better or give extra hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back