Bullseye Gift Shop?

checklane01

ap gang ;)
Soo I was just chilling on the webs, as one does, and I found an article about this lady visiting the HQ. She mentions something about an employee only gift shop (image below). Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it's true, can any TM just go into the HQ and shop? Cause sign me up!
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 9.57.14 PM.png

I'm going in May...at least going to the flagship store, would be interesting to know if I can just walk in and present id and TM card.

I was told VMG is slowing replacing pogs, fueling the rumor that pog AND backroom teams will no longer be required and are increasingly being dissolved.
Theory is that the store is moving to visually merchandise stuff we HAVE rather than filling specific home locations and having possible outs. Reducing holding/pulling stuff in a backroom.
Think TJ Maxx/Marshall’s - they put what they have on the salesfloor with no plan other than per department and make it look nice.
On-hands determined by what came in minus what got sold. Would work from a sales perspective but not so much for pricing and fulfillment.

I was told VMG is slowing replacing pogs, fueling the rumor that pog AND backroom teams will no longer be required and are increasingly being dissolved.
Theory is that the store is moving to visually merchandise stuff we HAVE rather than filling specific home locations and having possible outs. Reducing holding/pulling stuff in a backroom.
Think TJ Maxx/Marshall’s - they put what they have on the salesfloor with no plan other than per department and make it look nice.
On-hands determined by what came in minus what got sold. Would work from a sales perspective but not so much for pricing and fulfillment.

And for certain areas it could work. Other areas, like the entirety of consumables chemicals pets beauty and healthcare, it would not. People go to those areas for specific things.

Unless things have changed, the VMG would show a plan and you didn't have a third of what it showcased, very little that wasn't staged elsewhere could be used to fill those showcased areas, there's tons that are the same fabric and cut that can't go there due to color, and there's no other place for those. Add in that the shape of your floor doesn't match the VMG floor and it becomes a straight square peg hammered around the interior of a torus.

Is it at the HQ? Anyone wanna drop the address? lol

The flagship store is on the ground level below HQ at 900 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis MN 55403.

My husband said the whole "employees only" thing is probably not accurate and he is sure if he walked into the gift shop, they'd let him buy things.*

*He does not work for Target but does visit corporate a lot for meetings with buyers.

Last edited:
Back