Archived Bullseye's playground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, there are correct spots. Looks much nicer if collections are grouped together.
We flex by collection.

It became the playground when the dogs in boxes came. Which is when flow speed pushing it because it's now a salesfloor responsibility. Prior to that we had a dedicated flow tm to push from truck and the tubs/ carts/ pallets out back.

We zoned it by stuffing all the stuff that was on the floor into bins that were not on the floor. No one gave two fucks.

Words I hate to hear as a GS TM:

"Please superzone Bullseye...we have a visit tomorrow"

I'd rather clean up vomit/whatnot in a restroom...

More of a sense of giving back...

Everyone happy.

I love zoning Bullseye. What I don't love is the flow team coming behind me and dumping boxes on whatever empty-ish shelf they see. Flexing is inevitable, but for Christ's sake at least try for the same section or price point. Our Gstl is attempting to scrounge up a few extra hours so the front end can take care of pushing Bullseye and keeping it zoned since flow has made it apparent they really don't give a shit. Our Bullseye is bigger than most of the Targets in the area and gets really really bad if it's not maintained throughout the day.

Had a guest ask me about finding an item......they said was supposed to be at Bullseye's Playground. They asked me where it was.......took me a little while before I realized that Bullseye's Playground was formerly known as "See. Spot. Save." and "One Spot."

Felt kind of stupid for a moment until the guest mentioned that they had gotten that information from a Target website (maybe cartwheel.) I mean, who else would call it "Bullseye's Playground?"
That's just one of the few Target terms that make me cringe.....

I love zoning Bullseye. What I don't love is the flow team coming behind me and dumping boxes on whatever empty-ish shelf they see. Flexing is inevitable, but for Christ's sake at least try for the same section or price point. Our Gstl is attempting to scrounge up a few extra hours so the front end can take care of pushing Bullseye and keeping it zoned since flow has made it apparent they really don't give a shit. Our Bullseye is bigger than most of the Targets in the area and gets really really bad if it's not maintained throughout the day.
One of my biggest pet peeves. Ok, I get they are being instructed to flex into a price point. I was zoning tonight and found $3 items in the $1 bins. Items placed all over the place and open spaces where they should have gone.

One of my biggest pet peeves. Ok, I get they are being instructed to flex into a price point. I was zoning tonight and found $3 items in the $1 bins. Items placed all over the place and open spaces where they should have gone.
Every dang time. Last transition they had flexed the $10 headphones everywhere...argh.

So I've tried reaching out to other stores and am stuck when it comes to bullseye being a sales floor responsibility, but how do you guys maintain or make it at least presentable. I feel like ours never gets touched and then it adds up so much it just becomes impossible.

So I've tried reaching out to other stores and am stuck when it comes to bullseye being a sales floor responsibility, but how do you guys maintain or make it at least presentable. I feel like ours never gets touched and then it adds up so much it just becomes impossible.
My gs tm is all over our 1 spot.

My gs tm is all over our 1 spot.

My store is so bent on sales floor owning it that they won't allow any cashier or front end team member to touch it. Which I can understand at peak times but there's a lot of down time too where they could help a little. I can't seem to find any solution around it. The most I'll get is two closers to zone the entire store so bullseye isn't exactly my priority.

It has to be constantly zoned. No other way to do it. Have someone who is dedicated to it. Someone who won't be demoralized by their zone constantly getting destroyed.

dollar? well, once you get some people who complain that the price of an item isn't one dollar then you will stop calling it "dollar."

Even when it was called one spot there was 1, 3, and $5 items. Dollar general isn't only $1 items lol. We call it dollar, dollar spot, or bullseye at my store though. I say bullseye's playground to guests, but dollar spot to coworkers

It has to be constantly zoned. No other way to do it. Have someone who is dedicated to it. Someone who won't be demoralized by their zone constantly getting destroyed.
It needs attention all the time and it makes money. It is the ugly step sister of the store that happens to be the first thing that most guests see when they enter the store. Not only does it need to be zoned properly, it needs to be pushed correctly, and outages filled. So tired of flow pushing wherever they find a matching dollar amount while the correct location sits empty.

I've seen flow push one spot at my store

idk how to explain taking pics of the flow ladies tho so no pics here

This reminds me of when MySupport asked me to take pictures of our Panty Bins, so they could see what "fixture" (which was the entire fixture mind you) I was talking about.

It dawned on me right before I pressed "click", exactly what i was doing, and how I would look if somebody didn't know exactly what was going on here.

Damn did it feel demeaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back