Archived Buskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
Does your store allow buskers at the entrance? We have one who regularly does it and AP said if they aren't asking for money it's all good. I asked him how much he made and he said fiddy bucks in 45 minutes.

Lordy! I need to bring my guitar and jam with him!

The number one reason why I have always preferred Target over Walmart - dating back 20 years or more - is the lack of buskers and charity collectors at the doors. In particular, I flippin HATE the Salvation Army bell ringers. When I realized that never saw them at Target, I stopped shopping Walmart entirely.

We send them away, even if they’re at the edge of the parking lot.

BsMxX8BCYAAnPWm.jpg

They can't be on store property, which we say includes the perimeter of the store. Parking lot is fair game though.

They can't be on store property, which we say includes the perimeter of the store. Parking lot is fair game though.

Ours isn't shared thankfully. At my old store we shared a parking garage with several other tenants.

AP is known to kick out the druggies in the shady RV and vans with no windows.

Technically a Busker is someone who is performing in public for tips/donations.

Thanks for the definition.

So are tips/donations considered panhandling?

No, according to our AP.

How can it be different in different Target stores???

Panhandlers?
Buskers are musicians who play and hope people will drop money in a hat (or container) in front of them. No we don't allow ANYONE in front or near the store.

AP moved DARE to the area away from our front because they are too close.

Thanks for the definition.

So are tips/donations considered panhandling?

No, according to our AP.

How can it be different in different Target stores???
AP can ask anyone to leave, without a reason. Most stores don't allow what you described because they don't want the guests feeling obligated to give money. Your AP seems to be okay with what the guy is doing. Personally I would tell the guy to leave. If he doesn't I would then issue a trespass notice. If that doesn't work, call the police. It's pretty simple.

Its usually really bad in the spring because its warmer after winter so new drifters relocate and they dont know that they can't pan handle in our parking lot. If your AP is consistent with it, you be surprised how fast it cut downs the problem.

One of my stores was notoriously haunted by solicitors placing flyers on vehicles. They should be band as well.

When I'm on the lot and see them doing that I simply follow them and remove the flyers.

For some reason that really pisses them off! Go figure!

He's not soliciting... just playing his guitar and singing.

Hell, I'm always singing some song while working.

TM's lol @ moi!

He's not soliciting... just playing his guitar and singing.

Hell, I'm always singing some song while working.

TM's lol @ moi!
Time to invite him in to sing in Starbucks put him on the payroll

People at SB need all their dinero for expensive drinks and snacks.

He's better off outside!

Yeah, if they're asking for money, we have to ask them to move along.

I guess it depends on the store, but at mine we can't even allow people to play or sing, even if they aren't asking for money. It causes a commotion and possibly negatively alters Target's entrance brand, or the "Way Guests Feel When They Enter The Store™."

they should work on their exit brand more...like having 2 checkout lanes open on a busy November weekend... guests always be giving me the "hey look there's a guy who could be helping us" glare when I'm walking outside on my meal break

The Way Guests Feel When They Spend 20 Minutes Shopping and 30 Minutes Waiting In Line™

"hey look there's a guy who could be helping us" glare when I'm walking outside on my meal break
Fuck em. They don't know what you're doing any more than you know what they're doing.

Enjoy your break!

Fuck em. They don't know what you're doing any more than you know what they're doing.
Someone clad in red & khaki sitting down?
Yeh, they know what you're doing: NOT WAITING ON THEM!!!

I have an intense dislike for waiting in long lines especially if said lines are solely the result of enough fucks not being given by certain people, so in a way, I sympathize with guests who end up waiting longer at the checkout than it took them to shop (still not gonna get cashier trained ever, hahaha)

"Payroll is tight"... no the company has $45 billion in assets, it's your own stingy ass that's tight
"We've had a lot of cashiers quit recently"... well then hire them some help & bump them to $15/hr for retention
"CAN I HAVE ALL AVAILABLE TEAM MEMBERS TO THE FRONT FOR A CART RALLY" ...translator's note: someone didn't schedule a cart attendant due to approaching some arbitrary payroll limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back