Archived Homeless @ StarBucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a reason why @Kartman stated the guy was homeless as opposed to just bored. Maybe those reasons were enough to make our guests, the ones that build a basket, feel uncomfortable, unsafe or unsanitary?

We aren't a social service agency or shelter. We exist to please the shareholder God's.

I have no issue telling the Starbucks drinking teen girls who like to hang out on the chairs in the furniture department that they need to not block the aisles and put the chairs away. I have no issue telling the teenage kids who like to push each other around in the shopping carts that they need to get out of the carts. "Remember, those carts are for the shopping guests". Plus, racing up and down in the carts is a safety hazard to our guests and employees.

He's a homeless fuck with no money to spend at Target. Accept that, get over it.

AP told me that he said, "Target will never see my money again."

Target says don't about us. We'll be just fine NOT providing you a place to loiter.

Why would that make a difference? Some camaraderie bullshit?

I feel for them. Now, don't live at my store, and thank you for your service!

If the guy is homeless. I kinda have a hard time believing that a homeless person has lots of paper and tabletop gaming items, as per the original post.

And I don't think @Kartman is simply looking out for Target's interests. There's a lot of snark there that reeks of personal dislike. Also referring to an earlier post, what's the big deal about him talking to himself? How does that affect Target in any way?

Troop or no troop, the only question for me would be whether or not the guy was causing problems for guests. If no, who cares if he sits there. If yes, call the local shelter and see about getting him some help because it sounds like he had mental health issues. I wouldn't call the police unless absolutely necessary. Being poor and ill shouldn't be a crime.

Bugger off, Tessa 120. You don't know me and I'm done with you.

If the guy is homeless. I kinda have a hard time believing that a homeless person has lots of paper and tabletop gaming items, as per the original post.
Most of the homeless people have iPhones better than the TM's. It's ridiculous.

Also referring to an earlier post, what's the big deal about him talking to himself?
This.
With so many people using Bluetooth it's hard to tell who's using one & who's off their meds.
Bugger off, Tessa 120. You don't know me and I'm done with you.
Struck a nerve, did she?
Most personal dislikes stem from seeing something of yourself in that person.

Yes, that's it. You must be schooled orrrrrr something...

Whenever I see a homeless person I have to stop and think that except for the grace of g-d go I.
There was a point in my life when I was just just the finest line away from winding up on the street.
No work, newly divorced, my hands destroyed so I couldn't do what had paid the bills all my life, hopelessly depressed, I could have easily been the guy you're talking about.
If it wasn't for my kids, a couple of good friends and DVR, I would have snapped and sure as hell wouldn't be talking to you now.
The guy at the table was probably dealt a worse hand than I was and didn't have the supports.
I have to try and remember that whenever I get frustrated with panhandlers or someone who has camped out in our lobby.

Long story behind it, my ex had visitation during the day on Saturday. We'd meet at the mall, they'd do whatever, we'd meet again and take her home. Thank God for her immaturity, for her lack of understanding, after one visit she said that he said he was sleeping outside. We turned the car around and drove in the direction he went and asked him what the hell was going on. Sure enough he had lost his last couch a few days before and was sleeping behind buildings. We took him in for a week, fed him because looking at him close he'd lost a lot of weight, and arranged to get him to relatives in another state. It could have been much worse for him, if he hadn't told her and she hadn't parroted him. As pissed as I still am at him to this day I couldn't not help.

And I talk to myself. At least once a week a guest I already greeted will answer a question I was asking myself. Example, I'll grab a shirt off my cart with no size tab on the hanger, ask "What size are you?" while flipping the tag to see, and hear off to my left "Uh, medium."

I actually have a similar predicament as Kartman in that at my store, there is a homeless guy who hangs out at Starbucks in our store every day without buying anything most days (maybe once or twice he's bought an item). He always asks for bags, although I'm not sure what he uses them for. However, there haven't been too many guest complaints about him so I assume he hasn't been bothering guests or asking them for money.

I guess that AP can't just ask him to leave without a sufficient amount of guest complaints about feeling unsafe or harassed. I understand that he may have been dealt a bad hand in life, but I also think that his loitering does negatively affect the image of our store. I'm also not sure what he does on Sundays since our store is closed.

I've never heard of that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back