Archived Buying something expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomthy

Cart Wrestler
So I'm planning to buy a pair of expensive-ish earbuds. They cost $180. Well I have a $100 and $10 gift card I thought I'd use to help pay for them. Everything is fine so far but I was wondering if it would be a problem to use my TM discount and my REDCard to finish up the payment. None of it seems inherently wrong about this to me, but I just wanted to cover my ass and make sure that my AP wouldn't be asking me questions about it later on.

So like:
  • $100 cash
  • $10 gift card
  • Redcard for the rest?
You can use your discount with all three of those, so you're not going to run into any problems with that. Unless there's some bit of finesse I'm missing, I don't see anything wrong with that setup.

Yeh, you can combine giftcards, redcards & your TM discount without any prob.

What do you mean expensive-ish

are you telling me that's not expensive
It's expensive, just not the most expensive out there. Target doesn't sell the UE PRMs, which come in at $1,999. Suppose I should've left off the "ish" part.

I agree not to pay over 11 for earbuds, thats why I was planning to use the gift card as well.

You are fine as long as you dont constantly buy the same expensive item over and over you wont send off any red flags.

I bought the JVC HAF1X1 earbuds about a year ago and they are the best earbuds I've ever owned. Decent sound quality and rugged as shit. I'm really hard on my earbuds, they almost always broke about a month in. Either the sound stopped in one ear, I crushed one (or both) of the earbuds, the cord frayed, or the cord completely broke but these things will not die.

I've been using them a lot less now though, since I bought a pair of ATH M50x's.

Lol I just buy the $10 Philips earphones. If they don't last, it's not like I went broke to buy them.
This was me, and they kept breaking on me until I got the $30 iPhone earbuds for Christmas. Huge improvement in sound quality & durability. Never switching back to cheap earbuds.

This was me, and they kept breaking on me until I got the $30 iPhone earbuds for Christmas. Huge improvement in sound quality & durability. Never switching back to cheap earbuds.

I tried to use the ones that came with my phone, but they make my ears sore after a while. The Philips ones I have are shaped just right and a lot more comfortable.

I mostly buy the $5 ones on that end cap on the front lanes... Or from one sp... Bullseye's playground. I had good ones that came with my phone (Samsung + tiny bud cushions for my ear comfort) and they sounded a million times better than the $5 ones, but I can't justify expensive ones. And now I have a pair in each purse for when I inevitably forget the better pair (which were only $20 hahaha)

I love the yurbuds. They are like $30 which isn't too bad. And you can order replacement rubber tips online if you happen to lose one (like i did.) I've had the same pair over a year now. The normal earbuds that are inner ear hurt after a few minutes so I can't use those.

The Philips 3590s we sell for $9.99 (or the 3595s with the mic for$14.99) are arguably the best earbuds we sell. The build quality isn't the best, but they sound amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back