Archived Buying stuff off the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get it. We haven't sold a Wii U in months. Are people buying these things to play with? What a bunch of losers.
Out of everyone that camped out and rushed the store at opening, only two of them bought the game. We have a bunch left. We hardly sell any Wii games, usually only the news ones during the week of release. The only games that sell consistently are Pokemon and Mario (and all other Mario themed games) and the rest sit.

Last edited:
When I got to work at around 4:20AM, I saw a three or four people camped out for whatever was going on sale this morning. At first, I thought it was some homeless folks camped out, but when I got close to the door, it dawned on me what they were there for (listening to their conversation and myself finally waking up).
Their mothers are happy. It gives them the chance to clean the basement.

Most people in our store don't really care if TMs are holding stuff. But there's a few exceptions, like the girl in Electronics that was working yesterday morning who is a rule nazi and I knew there was no way I would be able to hold anything. I am also a semi-passionate Amiibo collector. I was working yesterday morning when Jigglypuff and the other new Amiibos came out. I know the girl in electronics would run to an LOD immediately if she saw a TM even put a Snickers bar on hold. Knowing she was opening ahead of time, I gave a good friend of mine 10 bucks to stand in line and he bought the ones I wanted for me. No discount or anything, but regular price is a lot better than then triple price on eBay.

When it comes to stuff like this, I'm a don't ask, don't tell kind of person. Anything less than watching a TM taking money out of the register, I will keep my mouth shut. Hell, if I asked my STL if it was okay to put something to the side, she wouldn't give a flying f***. She's more concerned with making sales and keeping the store clean. If the store makes money from TMs or guests, it makes no difference to her. She also knows we bust our ass for her (an exception from most STLs no doubt).

The people ratting on others thrive on starting s*** or want to make themselves look like angels. They're not the least bit interested in giving guests a fair chance at buying something.

My store didn't even have a plano set for the Amiibos on Friday so I didn't feel bad about getting a cart of them ready for the guests to look through and taking my break at 8 to buy a few. Anyones store get the Splatoon water gun that was supposed to be free with the game?

My store didn't even have a plano set for the Amiibos on Friday so I didn't feel bad about getting a cart of them ready for the guests to look through and taking my break at 8 to buy a few. Anyones store get the Splatoon water gun that was supposed to be free with the game?

Nope, mine didn't.

I just don't get it. We haven't sold a Wii U in months. Are people buying these things to play with? What a bunch of losers.

these have been hit by scalpers, but the wiiu owners have to buy something. Splatoon was only the third game released for it at all this year. It's dead but has a hardcore audience willing to buy this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back