Archived Call of Duty: Black Ops II Midnight Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's good we didn't do the midnight release then... we sold plenty of copies all day in fact the whole department seemed way busier than normal. I do entertainment revisions/new release, and I barely got any work done since I had to help with guest service. I mean, I guess Brave, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, AND Call of Duty all came out so it was understandably busy, but wow today was definitely the eye opener that the holiday season has arrived.

Yep, yesterday was definitely a realization of that for me too.

We sold the hardened editions quickly but didn't get any "care packages" for either system. We still have about half of our pre-orders that need to come pick up.

We had about 20. They let pretty much everyone go home by 12:30, then it was TLs/LODs just waiting around until 1am.

We had about 15...I was there to get it for my kids. They just put the shirts at the end of the registers and some lady (who was b1tching about being there since 10) took 3 so I didn't get one. :mad:

I think one of the reasons that this flopped is the fact that I never saw any television or online ads about it. The main demographics of guests who would come in for a midnight release don't typically get the Sunday paper and look at the Target ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back