Archived Called Out Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long story short, had a bad illness over the weekend and had to call out Sat/Sun. Went to work yesterday feeling crappy, but sucked it up, but by the end of my shift I could hardly make it to my car. I'm going to the doc today and called it again (Christmas Eve, I know) and the LOD made me feel scared because they said it was the most important day of the year that I was calling out on. I mean, I feel a little better, it's just I don't want to get fired or anything if it just means this one shift. HELP!

Ya, I told my ETL-GE that I still wasn't feeling good, but didn't have a doctors note at the time (which now I do), so I decided to come and work the 6 hour shift. (Today is an 8 hour). Should I call back and "cancel" the call-out)?

You can't get fired over one shift if you're past probationary period... Just have the DR note.

The LOD made me feel scared because they said it was the most important day of the year that I was calling out on.

One of mine is the same way. I'm laying at home puking up my guts at 4 in the morning and that's all he tries to do is guilt trip me to death. Especially when it's Food Ave. It's like, "I'm over here borderline dead and you're worried that people won't be getting their popcorn at 9AM." Thanks for making me feel like I'm someone instead of a cog in the machine. I think if something is legit wrong, you should be okay, but I'd make sure and cover base, note and what-not.

Aren't there rules about TMs with nausea/vomiting/gastrointestinal symptoms signing a waiver saying they won't come in to work because of potential food safety issues? Fairly certain I had to sign something like that. Wonder if it's a state law thing.

Aren't there rules about TMs with nausea/vomiting/gastrointestinal symptoms signing a waiver saying they won't come in to work because of potential food safety issues? Fairly certain I had to sign something like that. Wonder if it's a state law thing.
Pretty sure it's health code in nearly every state.
I wouldn't eat any place that had a sick employee handling food.

I signed one too.

Pretty sure it's health code in nearly every state.
I wouldn't eat any place that had a sick employee handling food.
Had a buffet that just opened a little over a year ago and they had that problem. They voluntary closed down for a few days to do a top to bottom and them bottom to top cleaning. The county health department was able to trace several cases of Norovirus to this eatery. Hate to say this but the health laws and codes in my sate are kind of lax. Steritech is harder on us than the county health inspector. I know of a few people that got sick after eating there, possibly including my parents.

One reason why I like working food for the last three years...LOD can't give you grief about calling in sick because it's illegal AND against Spot policy to work sick. If I were softlines or cashier, they'd be like, don't care, come in anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back