Archived Calling off on Christmas eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need to call out you just for it. No tm is going to give up their one holiday off or come in sick because someone else choses to overwork themeselves. At least in my store. We get at least 2 flow call outs a truck or for br. I starting thinking realistically and realized that people dont want to work. They won't. No point in guilt tripping them about it affects the minimum wage employees who are just as replaceable as the call out Tm is. This is why I never work harder with someone calls out.

People can do whatever they want. That doesn't mean that there aren't any consequences. Sure, call out on a "holiday" you think you're entitled to have off. That's fine. But your coworkers get to think and feel however they want about it. Bitching about guilt trips is pretty stupid.

Merry Christmas perrie. Hope you don't screw that cashier over if they ever ask you a favor.
It's still a whiny crappy thing you did.
If I were you, I would be buying that cashier coffee (or whatever they like to drink) at least once a week for months to come.
Lol
Retail sucks and you have to suck up crappy shifts. Especially if you are new.

I always wondered what they would do if enough people called out...would Target close its doors? I remembered a couple years ago during a bad snow storm...almost everyone called out. It was me and only the LOD at work...not a single guest in the store and we had to stay open.

That happens at my store when there's big snowstorms and when hurricanes or superstorms are slated to come. There's a hotel sort of in our shopping center and I've heard that in the past they put leadership up in the hotel if they live far enough that they would have difficulty coming back the next day. I still can't even believe the store opened the day after sandy. I called out, then ended up there because the roads that could be travelled at the time led to target lol.

Usually never comment on the "question from OP threads" but I can't believe some of you guys why are you getting mad at or saying the OP is a bad tm because he wants to be with family hell let them enjoy the day off I never got mad at anyone who called off like seriously life is to short for all that and I never cut anyone's hours even if they are seasonal smh

Merry Christmas perrie. Hope you don't screw that cashier over if they ever ask you a favor.
It's still a whiny crappy thing you did.
If I were you, I would be buying that cashier coffee (or whatever they like to drink) at least once a week for months to come.
Lol
Retail sucks and you have to suck up crappy shifts. Especially if you are new.

Huh? How is trading shits with someone crappy? I'd assume if someone was willing to trade it benefited them as well.

I don't consider a symbiotic transaction/relationship to be shitty for anyone involved.

Usually never comment on the "question from OP threads" but I can't believe some of you guys why are you getting mad at or saying the OP is a bad tm because he wants to be with family hell let them enjoy the day off I never got mad at anyone who called off like seriously life is to short for all that and I never cut anyone's hours even if they are seasonal smh
Its a running gag here. Calling is like sin to some people apparently

I always wondered what they would do if enough people called out...would Target close its doors? I remembered a couple years ago during a bad snow storm...almost everyone called out. It was me and only the LOD at work...not a single guest in the store and we had to stay open.
Last blizzard we had hubby drive me in first night in the jeep. It was me, lod, a cashier, the pharmacist, and a gstl. Everyone on the floor carried electronics keys, backroom keys, and a cordless phone. Lod and pharmacist got a hotel room and requisitioned clothes for the weekend. It was worse the second day and I was stuck at home, lod tried to give me shit until I offered to have the police call in my excuse since all roads to and from my house were closed. They had a few people till they closed the store. It's sad how few tms you need with no guests to help.
No one cares about their coworkers
I do. Almost always.

The whole caring about coworkers thing differs for some people/stores, I think. One of my coworkers found out about a banquet where her son was being honored kinda late (as far as when a request could've been put in) for the Saturday before Christmas. We were all working so no one could pick it up. We all just said "well Target isn't as important as your son. You have to call out. We'll be fine." We didn't feel that her calling out was a jab at us. I hate Christmas eve shoppers with passion, but I'd rather take someone's closing shift than make them miss whatever Christmas eve festivities with their family. I don't have any Christmas eve traditions... Other than nightmare before Christmas, a little last minute wrapping and Jackson 5 Christmas songs by myself.

Idk how popular Christmas eve celebrations are where you guys are, but I think if it were more popular where I am, I'd be more annoyed by the idea. Like if it were a thing that almost everyone who was closing was missing out on, that'd be a bigger deal to me.

Its a running gag here. Calling is like sin to some people apparently

Don't be stupid. Calling out isn't the problem. The problem is a newbie calling out on a holiday, because he or she thinks they deserve it off more than anyone else, despite being seasonal, which is the whole point why they're there. Like I said previously, people can do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they won't get shit for it.

I do too.
Let's see how crappy it is when the one who took the shift asks the one who didn't want to work Xmas eve to switch with her another night and the answer is no because maybe she wants to watch some tv show or doesn't want to wake up early.

Don't be stupid. Calling out isn't the problem. The problem is a newbie calling out on a holiday, because he or she thinks they deserve it off more than anyone else, despite being seasonal, which is the whole point why they're there. Like I said previously, people can do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they won't get shit for it.
Christmas eve isn't a holiday. If you don't want to work Christmas eve, then call out. Target will go on.

Christmas eve isn't a holiday. If you don't want to work Christmas eve, then call out. Target will go on.

Okay...replace "holiday" with second busiest day of the year, that we close early on for no particular reason and that people want off just because. And yes, Target will go on, even if you get a guilt trip for calling out.

I do too.
Let's see how crappy it is when the one who took the shift asks the one who didn't want to work Xmas eve to switch with her another night and the answer is no because maybe she wants to watch some tv show or doesn't want to wake up early.

I don't see the problem here. Once the swap is done, it's done. You don't owe me back if I take your shit shift and give you my cushy 8-430 (wait, this actually happened to me once. I signed off before I even realized her shift was shit lol, but she had midterms so idc). Idk, if I take someone's shift, I don't expect them to take mine next time around. I'm not gonna get mad that you finally got TGIT off and you're excited to live tweet with shondaland so you won't take my 5 hour closing shift. Or maybe you got a Wednesday off for empire. Man, I can't wait until the winter hiatus is done for all those terrible shows!

You guys are funny. Get over it! I didn't call off, I traded with someone and I promised him I would buy him food everytime I see him. Also, I am not a newbie. I clearly said I'm past my 90 days. Y'all make me sound like I committed a sin or something lmao it ain't ever that serious

You guys are funny. Get over it! I didn't call off, I traded with someone and I promised him I would buy him food everytime I see him. Also, I am not a newbie. I clearly said I'm past my 90 days. Y'all make me sound like I committed a sin or something lmao it ain't ever that serious
From perrie's first posting in this thread:
P.S I know I sound like a whiner lol. But if you were GSTL/ETL, would you fire me?

Every store is different when it comes to swap shifts & call offs. You had a concern about being fired for not working in your first post. All postings were based on their store.

Well Perrie dear, you're the one who brought the whole thing up and started the thread all worried you would get fired if you called out...glad you were able to trade off with someone.
I worked with a flippant GSTL who always wanted to trade hours when the schedule didn't meet her criteria.. It took the rest of us a few weeks to realize she was trading with all of us so she wouldn't have to work nights...
But hey, you're past your 90 days, so you should never have to worried about getting fired from Target for anything.

Talked to two tms today who told me the etls were mad at them and couldn't understand why,But we know why,don't we,yes both had called out over the weekend,but of course both were seriously ill.sorry no sympathy from me.

You just owe Spot seven Hail Mary's and all will be forgiven for this mortal sin!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back