Calling off through mytime

They literally can’t make it a NCNS because when you call out online it automatically marks you as ABSENT in the system. They are trying to scare you into not using it which is wrong.

Be mindful though that attendance conversations are now going to be even more strictly enforced.
I have been telling everyone the store about this new feature since IMHO our store doesn't want you to use it.

If I was to call out I would use the app and send a screenshot to myself and my email account.

They literally can’t make it a NCNS because when you call out online it automatically marks you as ABSENT in the system. They are trying to scare you into not using it which is wrong.

Be mindful though that attendance conversations are now going to be even more strictly enforced.
That’s what I was thinking.
Attendance conversations are already out of control - they’re trying to say that you can’t clock in 5 minutes early (time clock fraud) or up to 5 minutes after your start time or you’re late Whatever happened to the cushion?
Another TM - their kid was in a head on accident. Police called parent in cell phone, TM answered. They got in trouble and coached because they were on the phone while on the clock and left early.

Where‘s the dang humanity anymore?

btw - kid is fine, miraculously. Car was totaled.

That’s what I was thinking.
Attendance conversations are already out of control - they’re trying to say that you can’t clock in 5 minutes early (time clock fraud) or up to 5 minutes after your start time or you’re late Whatever happened to the cushion?
Another TM - their kid was in a head on accident. Police called parent in cell phone, TM answered. They got in trouble and coached because they were on the phone while on the clock and left early.

Where‘s the dang humanity anymore?

btw - kid is fine, miraculously. Car was totaled.
It's intimidation. These " conversations". It's already recorded as a call out illness forms submitted...then they send around the bully squad to harass and make you uncomfortable by initiating a conversation about the details of your illness/call out days after you've returned then tell you they" just need to write it down. " unless your a favorite. And if you hit 6 minutes they ll come looking for you...but they ll keep you waiting in the freeze or rain 5 minutes after your start time to unlock the door.

Actually, it is. So, if you have Covid you agree it’s none of their business? It’s perfectly legal for a business to ask why you are calling out, when you are planning on returning to work, if you have a doctors note so you are able to return to work, etc.
This comment didn’t age well… fear mongering CoVID 🤦

It's intimidation. These " conversations". It's already recorded as a call out illness forms submitted...then they send around the bully squad to harass and make you uncomfortable by initiating a conversation about the details of your illness/call out days after you've returned then tell you they" just need to write it down. " unless your a favorite. And if you hit 6 minutes they ll come looking for you...but they ll keep you waiting in the freeze or rain 5 minutes after your start time to unlock the door.
I didn't think you could punch in more than five minutes early without a TL override?

How soon before your shift starts is what I meant.

For example can I call at 2:45 to say I will be absent for my 3:00 shift?
I believe you can still use the feature even after your shift start time. Maybe 2 hours. But it will show you used the app well after and if your store cares about attendance i’m sure there will be a documented followup conversation

I believe you can still use the feature even after your shift start time. Maybe 2 hours. But it will show you used the app well after and if your store cares about attendance i’m sure there will be a documented followup conversation
If it's more than 2 hours after, it shouldn't allow you to call out. Either the function goes away or it throws an error.

I thinks it's hilarious that a TL can't see whether the TM is calling off.

Just the other day the day they realized the TM wasn't coming in though they called off three hours earlier.
So there is definitely an issue here. I’ve noticed if I’m signed into the phones I will get the alert for the call out. BUT- if the TM does it before anyone even gets into the store and logged in we can’t view anything until an ETL shows up. So no way of knowing if they are just late, called out, or NCNS. Basically I can’t view any alert that happened before I logged into the device. Clearly an issue. Needs fixed asap. Do they think an ETL is in the store at all times or something. ETL’s can see it in myTime on the device. Why can’t we?

So there is definitely an issue here. I’ve noticed if I’m signed into the phones I will get the alert for the call out. BUT- if the TM does it before anyone even gets into the store and logged in we can’t view anything until an ETL shows up. So no way of knowing if they are just late, called out, or NCNS. Basically I can’t view any alert that happened before I logged into the device. Clearly an issue. Needs fixed asap. Do they think an ETL is in the store at all times or something. ETL’s can see it in myTime on the device. Why can’t we?
Exactly this, has already been an issue a couple of times, no bueno. Our SD and ETLs hate it, hopefully that's a widespread complaint and it gets changed.

One of my team members noted that calling off on the app is awesome for TMs who are actually sick and can't wait for somebody to answer the phone. I agree, that's great, but the downside of "convenient call-offs" is just what I worried it would be, lots of call-offs we probably wouldn't have had without the app feature. I told my team that I'm going to crack down on attendance, so they have fair warning. Hate to be a prick about it but there is no choice.

I'm sick and I used it this morning, but I see there's some problems with it so I called my store just to be safe. They saw that I called out, no issues. But maybe it's best to call the store until they address some of the problems.
Thanks. I agree both for now.

I’m so glad this feature exists now because I have the worst cold, and I just changed carriers and I can‘t make calls for some reason. If you’re considering switching to Visible wireless, just don’t lol. The savings will be tempting, but it’s been such a hassle.

Back