Archived Calling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys feel pressured to go in when sick? Or do you feel guilty when Calling out? I've called out once in the 5 years I've been with target, but I feel like crap right now and will probably call out in the morning. My anxiety is through the roof because of this.

I always feel bad especially if I'm in the type of job where I know it's a big problem not to have a replacement lined up...BUT...you gotta take care of yourself first. Spot will survive a day or two without you, even if it's not very fun. At the end of the day, you're the only one who can advocate for yourself, and most jobs at Spot are not so important that it can't handle an absence every now and then.

I always feel bad especially if I'm in the type of job where I know it's a big problem not to have a replacement lined up...BUT...you gotta take care of yourself first. Spot will survive a day or two without you, even if it's not very fun. At the end of the day, you're the only one who can advocate for yourself, and most jobs at Spot are not so important that it can't handle an absence every now and then.

You see, I realize all that, but I still get anxious. Like I can't even sleep right now because of a headache I have on top of my anxiety

You see, I realize all that, but I still get anxious. Like I can't even sleep right now because of a headache I have on top of my anxiety
Dude, if you only missed one in 5 years, no one will say anything. Once I got sick on a day off and was in the hospital about to get x-rayed when HR called. I answerd and let her hear the lab techs talking when I told her I couldnt come in the next day. There were no questions.

if you are really sick you are sick. Be honest. Its all good.

Do you guys feel pressured to go in when sick? Or do you feel guilty when Calling out? I've called out once in the 5 years I've been with target, but I feel like crap right now and will probably call out in the morning. My anxiety is through the roof because of this.

Don't stress out. It will be fine. As long as you were legitimately sick and responsibly notified the LOD about not being able to come in, you shouldn't feel guilty at all. We're all just human and humans get sick and injured. Nobody at the store is going to think you are a bad worker unless you are one of those people who habitually call off (or no call no show) every other week. Once in 5 years is no big deal in terms of attendance. Hope you get well soon! :)

Don't let naysayers get to you. The same kind of people who bellyache about people calling off when they're sick are often the same people who come in sick despite being probably contagious, all the while acting like they're some hero. Stay home, drink plenty of fluids, and get some rest.

hjqjfHj.jpg
When your coworker comes in hacking all over everybody, go full Dr. Toboggan on them. "Hey man, you got the AIDS big time! Go home before we all get infected!"

Try your best to remember even the best team member calls off from time to time. Leadership gets over it real quick. None of us are irreplaceable

Tell that to the leadership in my store who takes every call off as a personal attack against their being. Call off on one LOD and the next time you see them, not only will you get dirty looks from them, they'll say some slick comment and have a bad attitude around you all shift. I call off once every few years and I still get that treatment.

Tell that to the leadership in my store who takes every call off as a personal attack against their being. Call off on one LOD and the next time you see them, not only will you get dirty looks from them, they'll say some slick comment and have a bad attitude around you all shift. I call off once every few years and I still get that treatment.
Look on the bright side: it's really good to see that people who haven't had an ounce of emotional growth since high school can still have some menial success in the world.

Question, can I use my vacation time to supplement my hours on the same week I called out for a day?

If management has a problem tell them its to help the store save so they don't go over payroll. Tell them about the golden contributor award only if LOD is an ETL. IF STL ask tell them you are helping them get their bonus by calling out. For Senior Team Lead as LOD tell them you going to hit Overtime.

Meh the average store averages anywhere from 3 to 6 callouts per day depending on your volume.

They may get mad for a day but they get over it. It's a part of retail. If they are truly freaking out about it you must do it a lot or you are calling out on key dates like a crazy Saturday

If management has a problem tell them its to help the store save so they don't go over payroll. Tell them about the golden contributor award only if LOD is an ETL. IF STL ask tell them you are helping them get their bonus by calling out. For Senior Team Lead as LOD tell them you going to hit Overtime.

Lol you have no idea how the company works. If you get golden contributor you get a pathetic little plaque.

Unused payroll just means you get less next year. Yes STLs do not want to overspend but they also hate to lose payroll as well. Golden contributor comes when you make sales and make payroll

I always feel anxious about calling out if I'm sick so I understand that as well as the guilt feeling.

My store has started this "call out during Q4 even if you're sick and get written up" guilt...something tells me it won't last long...

I always feel anxious about calling out if I'm sick so I understand that as well as the guilt feeling.

My store has started this "call out during Q4 even if you're sick and get written up" guilt...something tells me it won't last long...

Most leaders are too lazy to do all that writing up. So they pick and choose.

If I’m not running a fever or throwing up I go in, if I still don’t feel well I stay u til half shift (6hrs for me) and then go home and they pay us for the full 12hrs without hahaving to use vacation or ph hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back