Archived calling the hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah woah woah, I dont only do it females. I do it to the males as well. Shit, i do it to everyone in my store. ugly ones, pretty ones, ones I dont know. I even hit on The DTL once( didnt know he was DTL at the time).

I never do stuff like that. If I ever comment on a female team member's appearance, it will be very innocent and non sexual.
That happens to me sometimes and it's totally okay with me. The person in question is SO overt and I know it makes the person in question pretty uncomfortable. Plus they have done this to at least one APTL and I'm pretty sure our last APTL as well. And one of our cashiers, and a BRTM, and probably others too but I only work nights and weekends so I don't see the dayside shit. This person is just out of control and thinks they're untouchable.

Have people asked him to stop?
It's important that should happen, and it be done in public.
That way when it happens again, you have something to report.

He can't get away with the bull shit of "Nobody told me." and "I was just being friendly."
It has to be made clear to him that he is making the person uncomfortable, even if it's obvious to everyone with frelling eyes, you can't assume he has a brain or cares.
Since you can't count on the ETLs to handle this, you'll have to watch the person ask him to stop, record his response and then when he does it again, report it to the hotline.

He can't get away with the bull shit of "Nobody told me." and "I was just being friendly."
It has to be made clear to him that he is making the person uncomfortable, even if it's obvious to everyone with frelling eyes, you can't assume he has a brain or cares.
Since you can't count on the ETLs to handle this, you'll have to watch the person ask him to stop, record his response and then when he does it again, report it to the hotline.

I don't know if anyone's said anything to the person. The main person being harassed just tries to ignore it (probably all of them do). If I were to say something to the person doing the harassing, it would not be received well (partly because they already dislike me and think I'm trying to take their job). The person being harassed is of my preferred gender so they'd just accuse me of having a crush on that person and that I'm just jealous. The harassers just hates me already so I don't want ANYONE to know I'm trying to take them down.

I don't know if anyone's said anything to the person. The main person being harassed just tries to ignore it (probably all of them do). If I were to say something to the person doing the harassing, it would not be received well (partly because they already dislike me and think I'm trying to take their job). The person being harassed is of my preferred gender so they'd just accuse me of having a crush on that person and that I'm just jealous. The harassers just hates me already so I don't want ANYONE to know I'm trying to take them down.

The problem is he can slime his way out of this by saying that no one said he was harassing them.
If they don't ask him to stop directly, then go to the supervisor (well we know why that doesn't happen) then he has this nice little defense.
The fact that the system in its self is misogynist doesn't change how he can get away with it.

Do what you can to talk at least one person into standing him down.
It's the only way you can really put this guy in his place.

Okay so the harasser is female and all the people being harassed are male. Our GSTL is useless, as is our ETL-HR and STL. Our ETL salesfloor may not be useless, but our STL has instructed our ETL-HR to not to do anything about the harasser. Our ETL-LOG doesn't me nor does he see the harassment so they're useless too.

My biggest problem I guess is that I'm not the one being harassed so I feel like they'll all just blow me off. The harasser has previously left her phone charging using a cable hooked up to the photo computer and the ETL-HR completely blew it off and acted like it was okay, so I'm afraid they'll completely blow off anything I say about her.

Okay so the harasser is female and all the people being harassed are male. Our GSTL is useless, as is our ETL-HR and STL. Our ETL salesfloor may not be useless, but our STL has instructed our ETL-HR to not to do anything about the harasser. Our ETL-LOG doesn't me nor does he see the harassment so they're useless too.

My biggest problem I guess is that I'm not the one being harassed so I feel like they'll all just blow me off. The harasser has previously left her phone charging using a cable hooked up to the photo computer and the ETL-HR completely blew it off and acted like it was okay, so I'm afraid they'll completely blow off anything I say about her.

If they're being useless then do the following,

If you are unable to resolve your harassment complaint by using your employer's internal procedures, and if you wish to pursue the matter, you will need to file an administrative charge with the appropriate governmental agency -- usually the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or your state's human rights or civil rights enforcement agency. The governmental agency will investigate your claim, and will attempt to resolve it by negotiating with your employer. - See more at: http://employment.findlaw.com/emplo...ctions-you-can-take.html#sthash.GPCBdwDc.dpuf

What they're doing is sexist. Yes, a lot of TM flirt in the workplace. Happens all the time but if it's something continuous it needs to be stopped.

Has anyone tried to contact Target headquarters to issue a complaint on an ETL? I wish I knew more about illegal labor practices.

It is weird to hear about females harassing males, this topic is very misandristic (the opposite of misogynistic). A bunch of dudes getting harassed by a female? Most people would laugh at it and brush it off.. What exactly is she doing to them that can be termed harassment?

Rules are the same.
An obnoxious jerk is an obnoxious jerk, harassment is harassment.

Rules are the same.
An obnoxious jerk is an obnoxious jerk, harassment is harassment.

Written on paper they are the same, and that is where "the same" ends.

It is like when u hear about a sexual assault on a high school boy by a Female Teacher. A lot of people would just say Good for him!

When it is the opposite how many are saying "Good for her!"

3r9dd0.jpg

It is weird to hear about females harassing males, this topic is very misandristic (the opposite of misogynistic). A bunch of dudes getting harassed by a female? Most people would laugh at it and brush it off.. What exactly is she doing to them that can be termed harassment?
I don't want to get too specific for the sake of anonymity, but it's just a lot of little comments. And I know that at least one of them is pretty uncomfortable with the shit she says all the time. She does this is basically every attractive guy in our store, although there's one guy that seems to get most of it.

Classic def of harassment is unwelcome comments or actions that make others uncomfortable/create a hostile workplace.
Because it's a woman, everyone thinks it's NOT harassment or that it doesn't 'rise to the level. As a result, this TM hasn't been treated the same as a male harasser.
Time for some serious smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back