Archived Can a GSTL get in trouble for calling an employee a bad name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to keep this as anonymous as possible. Basically, I've been warned quite frequently on my attendance. A coworker told me that a certain GSTL called me an idiot while talking to other employees. I actually got into an argument with another cowoker whos a friend of mine because he doesnt believe what she did was wrong. But in my eyes, any real company would punish a GSTL (or manager) for bad-mouthing other employees. It doesnt even matter that it was a one word insult and it doesn't matter about how bad my attendance is. Thats a bad look for the company. Am I right?

Yes, there would be.

But it would not result in immediate termination but if she was to use the n-word or the gay f-word, then a real company would fire her on the spot.

Calling someone an idiot doesn't equal as offensive as racial and homophobic slurs.

My HR always calls everyone idiot. If I call or email the hot line I know much will not be done.

Your GSTL will be asked to refrain from calling anyone an idiot, but don't expect any serious form of punishment.

One of my GSTLs loves to complain about people behind their backs. Since she's an LOD as well, that means no one in the store is safe. And thus, since she will continue to do it, that means that complaining to upper management means that she will start in on you (or if anonymously, anyone she thinks who did it). Nice, huh.

My TL told me to stop bitching about the push so I told him "shut yo ass up."

If I had a problem with it, yeah he could get in trouble.

In 2014, the thought police and word police are always on watch. I believe that there should be an all or nothing system when it comes to the charges, convictions, and sentencing. If you are called an idiot, it should be treated as if you were called the n-word or a mother lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back