Archived Can a TL Take an Educational LOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on graduating soon with my BA, but as a student who goes away to college very far from my store, I was still wondering that when I came back I could get a Team Lead position (I'm a TM now), while going back and pursuing an opportunity in graduate school or at the very least an internship in my field of study in preparation for grad school. Grad school is very important to me, but I would also like to simultaneously pursue any opportunities at Target...I know that it's probably not possible, but as far as I can see everyone at my store really likes me and values the hard work I put in to make our store as green as possible.

I understand this is likely a pipe dream as they would want someone who can work the department year round, but is it even possible?

I don't know what to tell you. I know what I was told when I asked to adjust my hours in order for me to complete my degree.

No.

I have found my store at least is not very accommodating when it comes to schooling.

I know my store is...for team members. I feel like they would expect that a TL would not be leaving for prolonged periods of time for their education, that's why I'm asking because I don't know how it would work. I'd really like to stay with Target though, maybe they'd be okay with it as long as they knew before I got promoted...if not, it is what it is.

I know my store is...for team members. I feel like they would expect that a TL would not be leaving for prolonged periods of time for their education, that's why I'm asking because I don't know how it would work. I'd really like to stay with Target though, maybe they'd be okay with it as long as they knew before I got promoted...if not, it is what it is.
It depends on head count & your store. Ask your etl-hr or tl-hr for the best answer.

It may work on the same means as a transfer. You have to give up your TL position when you leave. When you return you will have to wait for a TL position to open. But I would think there is no guarantee that you will get the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back