Archived Can an ETL force me to do cashier training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

he also does opu , pulls auto if needed and sfs. It’s just how it has to be . I’m sfs and gmtl pp1 so I need to make sure at the end of the day things gets done . Don’t get me wrong I pulled all his mirs and shipped them this week so he is not left in a limbo
I was gonna say lol, how does he do MIRs? Sweeps? ESIM etc etc

I was gonna say lol, how does he do MIRs? Sweeps? ESIM etc etc
I don’t let him hang . He can come to me or I go to him if I see he is behind . But when I get him ahead I expect he pitches in where needed , including unload which he does as a pace setter

Yes. That's usually how it goes as 95% of TMs in the building are expected to respond for backup if the lanes get busy. Nearly everyone needs to be familiar with how the Target POS works.
Still waiting for the other 95% of
Yes. That's usually how it goes as 95% of TMs in the building are expected to respond for backup if the lanes get busy. Nearly everyone needs to be familiar with how the Target POS works.
I'm still waiting for the 95% to start on the checklanes. We still have the same TM's covering and they are not getting their work done.

Still waiting for the other 95% of

I'm still waiting for the 95% to start on the checklanes. We still have the same TM's covering and they are not getting their work done.

Of course, but in optimal make believe world of Target, TMs will stop turning off their walkies and going on 15s when the GSTL calls for backup (Ahem, softlines).

Did you actually read the job offer page before you signed? Cashiering is listed under your job responsibilities are listed there (unless they've changed that since I've left).

Yep. That’s completely acceptable.

It’s now the expectation that all team members are trained in various tasks, so that they can further contribute to our mission, which is to service our guests. You’ll be scheduled at times in line with when guest traffic is the highest, and when the store is in need, you’ll have to partake in backup cashiering.
I am going to challenge this so hard. They are cross training people everywhere except FA/SBUX. I am sick of them closing down Sbux, cause no coverage or letting the 1 barista suffer through peaks ,cause no coverage.

I am going to challenge this so hard. They are cross training people everywhere except FA/SBUX. I am sick of them closing down Sbux, cause no coverage or letting the 1 barista suffer through peaks ,cause no coverage.
Doesn’t Starbucks require specific food safety training?

They hired a woman to cashier who is over 70. Great cashier. Gets redcards. Guest compliments.

So what we're saying here is that she should be forced to use the stacker, make a bale, get carts when the pusher is broken in the 95 degree heat, push cat litter/backstock cat litter, and reset/pull/backstock seasonal air conditioners? Just want some clarification. She should be told business needs and everyone needs to know how to do it.

I’m strong-guessing that non-frontend team members will be obligatory as backup to the lanes as once was the case.

They hired a woman to cashier who is over 70. Great cashier. Gets redcards. Guest compliments.

So what we're saying here is that she should be forced to use the stacker, make a bale, get carts when the pusher is broken in the 95 degree heat, push cat litter/backstock cat litter, and reset/pull/backstock seasonal air conditioners? Just want some clarification. She should be told business needs and everyone needs to know how to do it.
My beauty tm that just left is in her 60s, she's driving the fork lift at a home improvement store next door now.

Business needs messina we all get trained in case we have to do it, choosing the best person means we use every other option first.

It isn't that simple with Starbucks. Starbucks requires that anyone over there be barista certified by their people (a 40 hour investment) AND that they average at least 4 hours in the department every week.
Yes, yes and yes , lets make it happen. Starbucks MUST remain open during posted business hours.

get a doctors note saying you have anxiety and can’t be on a register lol
No good can come of that, as they are trying to thin out the “O” tms that are old, obese, overpaid or overwhelmed by new expectations. Robots do not have anxiety.

However, it’s not in a business’ best interest to force an employee who struggles with personal interaction, whether it be medical or just shy to be the frontman. That may be the only tm a guest sees during that visit and often mistakes the ques as being rude with no eye contact, no verbal communication and leaving guest feeling ignored. Not very guest centric. That would be like Target forcing me to sing to the guest as yet another new job requirement. I was never hired to sing, not part of my skill set. The guest would now be the ones suffering anxiety, giving etls a legit reason to “performance” me out

Last edited:
No good can come of that, as they are trying to thin out the “O” tms that are old, obese, overpaid or overwhelmed by new expectations. Robots do not have anxiety.

However, it’s not in a business’ best interest to force an employee who struggles with personal interaction, whether it be medical or just shy to be the frontman. That may be the only tm a guest sees during that visit and often mistakes the ques as being rude with no eye contact, no verbal communication and leaving guest feeling ignored. Not very guest centric. That would be like Target forcing me to sing to the guest as yet another new job requirement. I was never hired to sing, not part of my skill set. The guest would now be the ones suffering anxiety, giving etls a legit reason to “performance” me out
Hahaha. Who here is having multiple O’s ? 2 for sure, borderline on the other 2

Everyone has to be cashier trained, they told us. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll start giving you tons of cashier shifts if that's what you're afraid of.

And if they do, well... they stopped scheduling me to cashier because I never got RedCard signups.

Seriously ? You applied for a RETAIL job and DON’T want to CASHIER ??? You know we SELL stuff and people have to PAY, right ? Sorry, but Target doesn’t have a check-out free store ....... YET.
They were hired into a position where they weren't needed or expected to cashier, then Target ripped the rug out from under them because of short-sighted changes. It's not unreasonable for people to be upset that they suddenly aren't allowed to do the job that they were hired for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back