Archived Can I check out family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackoutbaby09

The Original Doll
Are cashiers allowed to ring up family members?? I'm just curious.

tumblr_lx1wtqoD4f1qc5kxa.gif

It wasn't a problem at our store. But if they are a spouse or dependent and have a discount card, they won't be able to use it going through your own lane.

no that is illegal in ALL states, except 1 and i'm not telling what redneck state that is.

Just don't.. Even if you do nothing wrong, some people will assume you are scamming somehow. Not worth the hassle.

This is my sixth cousin, twice removed, but he's adopted. Nope, you can't ring him out. Who's even going to know?

My store was fine with it. They record everything on camera, have a record of all transactions made on the register. If you do something "bad" they will know.

Yeah we have other things to worry about at my store. Restroom checkups, for instance.

I see no reason this'd be an issue. Certainly never has been at my store. Never heard anyone ask the question, but also never seen anyone have an issue with people checking out their family members.

it might be against the rules but you certainly can. you just have let them know not to act familiar with you when they go through the line and don't expect a discount. Tell them you are going to try your hardest to scan everything and enter the right quantity and you are going to be vigilant to check the bottom of their cart for pop cases etc. it would be a real shame for target to take a loss on a deliberate error.

I rang my dad and his then GF/now wife up when I used to work at Kohls. No one cared. It probably isn't best practice but it might happen

It's to keep the potential of being tempted to break store policy to a minimum.

Those of you who worked fast food during high school probably know the situation. You're taking orders, and someone from school comes up to your register. Suddenly they're your best friend, and they're asking for you to sneak them free stuff or give them a discount.
Back to Target: You're family! Let me give you my discount! I'll pretend I didn't see that 50 pound bag of dog food under your cart.

It's to keep the potential of being tempted to break store policy to a minimum.

Those of you who worked fast food during high school probably know the situation. You're taking orders, and someone from school comes up to your register. Suddenly they're your best friend, and they're asking for you to sneak them free stuff or give them a discount.
Back to Target: You're family! Let me give you my discount! I'll pretend I didn't see that 50 pound bag of dog food under your cart.
Which is why you can't punch in your own discount number when you are ringing someone up with your TM number.

Not even trained for registers, so wouldn't know that.
I'm familiar with people knowing the numbers of other team members or family that also works in the store.

My mom applied for a Red Card at my lane. I didn't even ask her to, she decided to do it herself. I asked my then-GSTL if it was an issue, but since there was nothing shady going on, she was happy that we were one Red Card closer to our goal.

my mom signed up for a red card with me the other day and i hope it doesn't get me in trouble. i don't think it will because my sister has also signed up with me before and both times they were approved it's not like they were using fake information to get one so i personally don't see a problem. and i didn't think my store would be too picky about that, one time we were really close to our insane goal and the lod and a couple other team members signed up for one so we could reach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back