Archived Can I get in trouble for buying stuff out the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, there is this "cereal" that doesn't have a floor location anymore, it hasn't for like 6 months. It isn't seasonal, it's just chilling in wacos. Is there anything saying if could extract it, and then buy it on my break? Wouldnt that just be like a guess asking for it and then us grabbing from the back?

If it's cereal, I doubt anyone would care. If it's anything related to electronics, then they will likely not be happy about it. I would clear it with the LOD before even pulling the item.

We are allowed to buy things as long add they are not salvaged/zeroed out. Someone else has to pull it and put it out on the floor, then we can buy it.

If the cereal has no floor location, then I'mm pretty sure they don't care and would be glad you're getting rid of NOP stuff.

What cereal?

If the cereal has no floor location, then I'mm pretty sure they don't care and would be glad you're getting rid of NOP stuff.

What cereal?
Frosted Toast Crunch
We are allowed to buy things as long add they are not salvaged/zeroed out. Someone else has to pull it and put it out on the floor, then we can buy it.
Where would they put it if it has no location.

Like most people said, since it's cereal, I doubt anyone would care. Electronics or anything high demand, then it's a different story.

The cereal probably should have been pushed to the floor months ago as PTM.

Sometimes, you can take an item that has 3 facings, and take it down to 2. The NOP cereal would go in the empty facing. Typically, we use a Shelf Flip Label, and create a Generic Label for the NOP item.

Sometimes, you can take an item that has 3 facings, and take it down to 2. The NOP cereal would go in the empty facing. Typically, we use a Shelf Flip Label, and create a Generic Label for the NOP item.

Now that is how you do it!

Depends on if it's street dated cereal............

is this a joke

do they actually street date cereal

I guess technically they do? But I don't think its against the law to sell it before the "street date". Count chocula as an example, the pog has a set date, then it's put out and sold. So I am sure it sits in the back for a week or so. More of a set date than a street date.

If your ETL/LOD/TL has it out for you, it's a terminable offense to buy items "out of the back" so be careful with this.

You pulling it yourself, setting it aside, and then purchasing it on your break would probably land you some trouble, but if you go in off the clock and ask a team member to pull it out of the back for you, then it should be fine. I've seen a TM terminated for pulling something for himself while on the clock and purchasing it, and I've seen a few TMs get into some serious trouble for putting items on hold for themselves while on the clock. A good general rule when purchasing something is if a guest couldn't come in and do it, then it's probably not ok to do it yourself.

Our store has a rule that if you're on the clock and want to do that it needs to be on the sales floor for 15 minutes before you're allowed to pick it up and purchase it. If you're off the clock and a "guest" it's a little different, but as others have said you have to be extremeeely careful when doing this with big ticket items. I would just ask a leader you trust for the best way to go about this. Chances are they'll try to get you to buy the entire Waco of it :p

is this a joke

I guess technically they do? But I don't think its against the law to sell it before the "street date". Count chocula as an example, the pog has a set date, then it's put out and sold. So I am sure it sits in the back for a week or so. More of a set date than a street date.

That's not a street date. You can put it out as soon as the store receives it, it's not required to wait til set date.

Our store has a rule that if you're on the clock and want to do that it needs to be on the sales floor for 15 minutes before you're allowed to pick it up and purchase it.
This.
2 of our PATMs were termed because they were stashing merch in the back of the shelf so they could buy it on break.

I would actually mention it to the market TL and ask them to flex it out so you can buy it. If that doesn't work after you punch out give the DCPI to a sales floor TM and have them pull it for you..

Another no no in my stores are collectors stuff like hot wheels and certain actions figures.

is this a joke

That's not a street date. You can put it out as soon as the store receives it, it's not required to wait til set date.

I understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back