Archived Can I switch departments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently applied to Target for General Merchandise, had an interview, and was offered a job on the spot. However right after my interview, I was asked if I would be willing to switch to a position in Starbucks because they were in need of people with my availability. I agreed and have had a few training shifts so far, but I am not happy with it. The job is extremely overwhelming and not something I think I can see myself doing. Is there any way I can switch departments this soon, and if so how would I go about it? I really don't want to leave Target, but working in Starbucks is just not going to work out for me.

Hardlinesmaster has it right. If you let it go no matter what you say you'll be stuck there for a long while if not perm. I requested 4 times to move departments after being with them for almost 4 years now and they just keep hiring people for the position I want when people quit. My situation isnt normal though I dont think. Still dont let it get cemented. If you get good at what you do they kinda tend to not want to move you. It makes sense but it sucks.

So I would go to the Starbucks TL instead of HR? I read something about them usually not letting you switch until your first 90 days is up, but I’m hoping since Starbucks wasn’t even the position I applied for/interviewed for they might cut me some slack? Thanks for the help!

I would stick it out, at least at my store. It takes awhile to get used to Starbucks, but they always get a consistent full time schedule. I was food TL and ran it for a few years, but it did take me nearly 6 months to really learn it. If you learn it and do it well, you can be one of the most valued TMs.

As I tell everyone though, if it is not what you really want, you shoukd not do it. Talk to your TL and HR is what I would suggest.

I'm new to target I work in Market I can't seem to get along with my Team Leader but the biggest problem I have is getting work done I hate having to go from I'LL to I'LL when I do a U boat Is there a department that works in Just one I'LL I'm gonna see if I can switch

I'm new to target I work in Market I can't seem to get along with my Team Leader but the biggest problem I have is getting work done I hate having to go from I'LL to I'LL when I do a U boat Is there a department that works in Just one I'LL I'm gonna see if I can switch
Everyone does 1 & 1. Talk to your etl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back