Archived Can somebody explain to me how the scheduling process works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my schedule for the week of the 12th is kinda odd. I have Sunday and Monday requested as time off, Tuesday I'm working 3-7, Wednesday 7-11, Thursday 8-4, Friday 7:30-12am, and then Saturday I had off when the schedule was up this morning but later in the day they changed it to a Hardlines shift from 2-6. I rarely ever work Hardlines, maybe 3 times in the past 8 months I've worked there, and it seems rather odd they'd put me there since my main workcenter is Electronics and I get paid more to do that job. But why am I closing on Wednesday and then opening on Thursday? How is this thing generated? I know it's randomized from a computer but damn..

Actually they don't use computers at all.
They have armies of trained rats that are wrapped in velcro then thrown into a spinning bin filled with colored balls that have peoples names and hours in them.
When a rat comes out of the bin with an hour ball and a name ball attached to it that is entered into the schedule.

They probably needed coverage for HL on Saturday and didn't have a HLTM available to schedule. You still get paid the same so I'd just go with it. As far as the clopening, sometimes it's the computer that randomly generates it, sometimes it's the idiot doing your schedule that thinks it's okay.

Actually they don't use computers at all.
They have armies of trained rats that are wrapped in velcro then thrown into a spinning bin filled with colored balls that have peoples names and hours in them.
When a rat comes out of the bin with an hour ball and a name ball attached to it that is entered into the schedule.
That seems scarily true & would explain a lot.....

I think I am the only one left who turns in a schedule.

I think I am the only one left who turns in a schedule.
TLs at my store write their schedules and HR adjusts as needed.

Although our TL is a big fan of copy and paste and I don't think HR even looks at the SFS/BR schedule, because we went several weeks without a BR closer on weekends after a TM quit.

At my store, HR writes the schedule for the front end, sales floor, and possibly flow. Most (if not all) other workcenters' schedules are written by their respective TLs.

When I inquired at my store (just out of curiosity and bc I was friends with the newly promoted hr tm) I was told that she uses the computer generated schedule to create a baseline, provides it to th respective tls who make changes (favorites (absolutely) && generally trying to set stronger schedules on busier days when possible), then it got back to HR ETL who makes final adjustments if needed & reviews with our StL (mainly because they are fairly new in the role) to ensure they are at or under hours & im agreement with what tls want. I will say at my store things were pretty routine for many of us who worked hard & didn't call off - we got consistent shifts & hours unless there were a lot of vacations or someone they were trying to prove a point to in relation to performance or attendance.

I for a while constantly got a clopen once or twice a week - because I would show up & just didn't whine. I didn't like it, but needed the hours -- after a while though they wised up to me being super amenable to closing 99% of the time && doing a good job at it. The only time I got anything other than a closing shift in FR (which was what I wanted) was when they literally had no one else available to take a shift that had to be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back