Archived Can someone actually have 40 hour avarage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering. Is this even possible? If so how can I get that? I've been working 33-35 , consistent hours ever since February, no anything lower than that, and sometimes I've been scheduled 40 hours for a week, but get cut when I'm like around 38 or 39 and still my average is 26.78.

The most a TM or TL get at our store is around 38.5. No one is allowed 40 because of chances to go overtime. We're pretty strict about that.

I've been scheduled at 40.5 hours a couple times, and I've seen others scheduled the same way. Out of habit, I still clock in 5 minutes early every shift. I end up taking 35-40 minute lunches at some point during the week to keep me clear of O/T.

Pretty much never get 40 hours unless it's the holidays. Then there are a few times where I actually get more than 40. If someone told you their weekly average is 40 hours, they were probably rounding up.

If you want to keep your weekly average up, you can use your vacation time to pad your hours up to your average. That helps prevent your hours from going down during the slow periods. I started the year with an average of 28 hours. Now I'm up to 29.5 ish. My goal is to get above 30.

Pmts also can average 40. The thing to remember is its not just about being scheduled 40 you have to make sure you clock in on time for your shifts and clock back in from lunch at exactly 30 mins. That's the hard part. Many people in my store clock in 5 mins late and leave right on time. For example your shift is 8-4 they clock in st 8:05 and leave right At 4. That's a 5 min decrease times that by 5 that's 50 mins a week times that a month your 3 hours under what ever you would have been scheduled

If your store is consistent at reducing your hours mid week to make sure you're under the 40 for which you're scheduled, maybe try punching in 5 minutes early since that's allowed. And stay a few minutes later, particularly if it's after your hours have been reduced for the week.

I did that most days...just to add a few bucks to my checks. No one ever said a word to me about it.

Just wondering. Is this even possible? If so how can I get that? I've been working 33-35 , consistent hours ever since February, no anything lower than that, and sometimes I've been scheduled 40 hours for a week, but get cut when I'm like around 38 or 39 and still my average is 26.78.
2 months of having 33-35 hours is not going to drastically boost your average since it takes into account the previous 12 months. It took me about a year of 40 hour weeks to get my average over 39 and it finally hit 40 during this past Q4 when I was working much more than 40.

Currently I'm just over 39 due to call-offs and vacations that weren't completely covered by vacation hours.

The computer doesn't calculate over 40 on the paychecks or mytime. Even if you've worked an average of 50hrs a week...

...we've had years I've worked sooooo much overtime. The last three years I've never dropped below 40 average.

Yep My average last I checked was at 40. FOrmer electronics, now Cashier/Food ave/starbucks

Padding your hours with vacation/sick hours does NOT increase your average btw.
It wouldn't work anyways since we can't go over our average when using vacation pay.

It does seem to maintain the average though.

It wouldn't work anyways since we can't go over our average when using vacation pay.

It does seem to maintain the average though.

Exactly. That's what I was told here and what the lady in HR told me, you can complete them if you're lower than that to reach your average, but that's it.

Exactly. That's what I was told here and what the lady in HR told me, you can complete them if you're lower than that to reach your average, but that's it.
Yes, you can bump up your pay with vacation and sick, up to your average hours. However, this will never increase your average nor does it maintain it. It doesn't count towards your actual hours worked. I know someone who lost their benefits due to this misconception.

When you look at your paystub in the upper left hand corner, there's a line: current total hours worked just above your avg hours.
It's based off your actual worked hours, not vac/p.h./sick hours that you plugged in.
This came from my former ETL-HR.

I don't think you're right about this. I've been padding my hours with vacation since January every time I get a low week and my average has been going up. The last few months have been very rough on my hours, so it doesn't make any sense that my average would be going up if what you're saying is true.
Oh I'm 100% positive that I'm correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back