Archived can someone explain an ORG chart and what AE12 is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of either of these things, despite being with Target for two years. What are they, and how do they impact stores?

Org chart is organizational chart - it describes the amount and types of ETL's/TL's that various store sizes - or "volumes" - should have allocated to them.

AE12 stands for Achieving Excellence 2012. Every year headquarters comes up with a way of supposedly making stores more efficient (read: more profitable). This often includes changing the amount of leaders - who are higher paid and thus more expensive - in certain org charts. For example, for AE12, in a GM org chart 2 (all non-super Targets that make between x million and y million dollars a year) the number of hardlines Team leads may grow/shrink, two seperate TL positions might be combined into one, and so on.

I've never seen them increase headcount, only cut. Yet our sales keep going up.

They don't cut ETLs at my store, only TLs. And they DO handle a lot of the workload.

ok, so I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread - but I have a question. Supposedly our store is going to org chart 2, does anyone know what that means. I'm sure it's bad - just how bad may it be??

ok, so I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread - but I have a question. Supposedly our store is going to org chart 2, does anyone know what that means. I'm sure it's bad - just how bad may it be??

Not sure, are you moving up or down?

well, I'm going to say down - cause that other comment made was "No one is losing their job."

The higher the org chart, the more sales your store does in a year.

Here are the official org chart brackets for AE2012

1$0M$26M
12116.4+

looks like we are moving from org chart 3 to org chart 2. Thanks for the info - wonder if we are losing any team leaders. Maybe it's just the changes for the incoming team leaders starting wages and grade levels that I have been hearing about. I still wonder about combining PTL and PATL. Guess I will have to wait to see.

looks like we are moving from org chart 3 to org chart 2. Thanks for the info - wonder if we are losing any team leaders. Maybe it's just the changes for the incoming team leaders starting wages and grade levels that I have been hearing about. I still wonder about combining PTL and PATL. Guess I will have to wait to see.

As far as I know only Org Chart 1 stores will make that combination...

As far as I know only Org Chart 1 stores will make that combination...

good to know - the communication channels in our store are broken - like the cable guy was called, and he got lost cause no one knew the address, and there are no batteries in the remote.

just kidding, but you catch my drift - so to speak.

If they keep cutting, they may not have anyone to answer the phone soon.

our phones are always overhead - it's so unprofessional - so much for a quiet shopping environment.

wow.. this would NEVER fly at our store. I know a lot of stores have the fitting room answer the phone but at ours HR does at TSC. There's been very few select times that we've had the phones overhead and that was only late at night and when we were EXTREMELY short staffed. This is one of the things that my STL feels very strongly about.

wow.. this would NEVER fly at our store. I know a lot of stores have the fitting room answer the phone but at ours HR does at TSC. There's been very few select times that we've had the phones overhead and that was only late at night and when we were EXTREMELY short staffed. This is one of the things that my STL feels very strongly about.

My store never has the phones overhead except during overnight. Fitting room always answers the phone except on Black Friday, when someone in the TSC answers calls.

I really hate the phones ringing overhead all day long.
I remember when it would NEVER happen.
Our fitting room person has so many tasks, they can't always get to it, even with a cordless phone.

I would guess you might loose headcount on TL's but they won't outright fire anyone. They will just not replace when one leaves. Were Org Chart 2 and we have:
1 ETL-GE/SL (we are approved an Overage for ETL's, but we are currently down one. When we get another GE and SL will split)
1 ETL- HR
1 ETL-HL
1 ETL-LOG

1 Pricing TL
1 Presentation TL
2 Hardlines TL
1 CTL
1 Softlines TL
1 Flow
1 Replenishment (includes instocks)
2 GSTL

I would guess you might loose headcount on TL's but they won't outright fire anyone. They will just not replace when one leaves. Were Org Chart 2 and we have:
1 ETL-GE/SL (we are approved an Overage for ETL's, but we are currently down one. When we get another GE and SL will split)
1 ETL- HR
1 ETL-HL
1 ETL-LOG

1 Pricing TL
1 Presentation TL
2 Hardlines TL
1 CTL
1 Softlines TL
1 Flow
1 Replenishment (includes instocks)
2 GSTL

We have so many combo's and changes I'm not sure who's what anymore !
I know we have
1 ETL-Log
1 ETL - HL/GE

1 pricing TL
1 presentation TL
2 HL tl
1 sL tL
1 instocks
1 backroom
3? gstl

Ugh... It gets confusing so I just stick with the one TL i'm aligned with and try not to go crazy

My store is a B Volume Org Chart 2 and we have:

1 ETL-SL
1 ETL-HL
1 ETL-LOG
1 ETL-HR
1 ETL-GE
1 ETL-AP
1 ETL-Rx

and TL we have:

2 HL TL
2 SL TL
1 Pricing TL