can someone explain an ORG chart and what AE12 is?

Formina Sage

Crown stacker champ
Staff member
Administrator
Org chart is organizational chart - it describes the amount and types of ETL's/TL's that various store sizes - or "volumes" - should have allocated to them.

AE12 stands for Achieving Excellence 2012. Every year headquarters comes up with a way of supposedly making stores more efficient (read: more profitable). This often includes changing the amount of leaders - who are higher paid and thus more expensive - in certain org charts. For example, for AE12, in a GM org chart 2 (all non-super Targets that make between x million and y million dollars a year) the number of hardlines Team leads may grow/shrink, two seperate TL positions might be combined into one, and so on.

ok, so I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread - but I have a question. Supposedly our store is going to org chart 2, does anyone know what that means. I'm sure it's bad - just how bad may it be??

Formina Sage

Crown stacker champ
Staff member
Administrator
The higher the org chart, the more sales your store does in a year.

Here are the official org chart brackets for AE2012

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]$0M[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]$26M[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]26[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]36.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]36.5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]45.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]45.4[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]53.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]53.8[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]67.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]67.1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]75.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]75.3[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]83.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]83.5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]91.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]9[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]91.7[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]99.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]99.9[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]108.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]11[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]108.2[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]116.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]12[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]116.4[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]+[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

looks like we are moving from org chart 3 to org chart 2. Thanks for the info - wonder if we are losing any team leaders. Maybe it's just the changes for the incoming team leaders starting wages and grade levels that I have been hearing about. I still wonder about combining PTL and PATL. Guess I will have to wait to see.

Rock Lobster

Executive Team Leader
Staff member
looks like we are moving from org chart 3 to org chart 2. Thanks for the info - wonder if we are losing any team leaders. Maybe it's just the changes for the incoming team leaders starting wages and grade levels that I have been hearing about. I still wonder about combining PTL and PATL. Guess I will have to wait to see.
As far as I know only Org Chart 1 stores will make that combination...

As far as I know only Org Chart 1 stores will make that combination...
good to know - the communication channels in our store are broken - like the cable guy was called, and he got lost cause no one knew the address, and there are no batteries in the remote.

just kidding, but you catch my drift - so to speak.

our phones are always overhead - it's so unprofessional - so much for a quiet shopping environment.
wow.. this would NEVER fly at our store. I know a lot of stores have the fitting room answer the phone but at ours HR does at TSC. There's been very few select times that we've had the phones overhead and that was only late at night and when we were EXTREMELY short staffed. This is one of the things that my STL feels very strongly about.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
wow.. this would NEVER fly at our store. I know a lot of stores have the fitting room answer the phone but at ours HR does at TSC. There's been very few select times that we've had the phones overhead and that was only late at night and when we were EXTREMELY short staffed. This is one of the things that my STL feels very strongly about.
My store never has the phones overhead except during overnight. Fitting room always answers the phone except on Black Friday, when someone in the TSC answers calls.