Archived Can you get CCA/fired for just being in a "Red" work center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreturnable

Receiving/Reverse Logistics
I've been a Team Member at Target for around a year, and I've been recognized by fellow TMs, TLs, ETLs, even the STL as being a solid worker. I get lots of Vibe cards, had one of those Great Team Hero thingys, and I've been told by leadership that I have the potential to become a leader and they'd like to put me in that position eventually.

However, recently the **** hit the fan at my store, since my work center has been failing to meet expectations for quite a while. I know the DTL has been really applying the pressure for us to be green. Unfortunately I'm one of longest-working members on my team as we have a high turn-over rate, lots of call-offs, people quitting or being fired or transferred to other work centers for poor performance. I know my personal statistics are all good, I check the TM metrics on Workbench on a regular basis. However my TL recently told myself (and the rest of the team) that CCAs and possible firings are headed our way, for ALL of us, if we don't get it together. Is that a real possibility, or just a motivational effort on his part? Can you really get coached or terminated for trying hard but being on a team that performs poorly?

If YOU aren't meeting expectations and your workcenter is RED then you can be coached and eventually put on corrective action if you don't improve. What workcenter do you work in? With Price Accuracy, if my tem doesn't finish their assigned workload and their productivity isn't where corporate expects it to be, then I coach them, and if there is no improvement, then unfortunately I have to put the person who isn't performing on corre tive action due to performance. If others on your team aren't meeting expectations but you are, then you should be fine.

I'm in the backroom...my baffles are always low, pull times are good, and I do lots of extras; I'm trained for back-up receiving/reverse logistics, I run the SDA and item merge report and keep our metrics board updated. Aside from those things everything in backroom is a team-based activity, so I guess I'll just hope leadership sees I put in my best effort every day and doesn't lump me in with the rest of the team who spends all day on their phones or chatting. Thanks for the reply, PricingMaster.

I'm in the backroom...my baffles are always low, pull times are good, and I do lots of extras; I'm trained for back-up receiving/reverse logistics, I run the SDA and item merge report and keep our metrics board updated. Aside from those things everything in backroom is a team-based activity, so I guess I'll just hope leadership sees I put in my best effort every day and doesn't lump me in with the rest of the team who spends all day on their phones or chatting. Thanks for the reply, PricingMaster.
You have no worries. Good job!

The good thing with being backroom is that you have plenty of tools to help trace problems.

Are hourly CAFs rolling? Use the CAF Pull monitor in Workload Planning Tools to see who isn't pulling fast enough or spending too much time between batches.
High error rate? The baffle report will give you some idea of who isn't pulling accurately. It's not the best tool but it's all you really have for tracing team member problems. Otherwise, you can use the departmental breakdown to see what areas have higher error rates and give them special attention via LOCU updating to eliminate errors or the empty location report to find unlocated stock.
High "Research with Loc %"? Aggressively audit backstock from the floor. Scan items under Item Search/NOP and check secondary locations (endcaps/checklanes/cartwells). If the sales floor isn't filling those locations, send the cart back out as challenge. Autofills (CAF and o/n) are generated to fill to capacity, not just the home location.

How do you know if they worked it everywhere or not? How do you know if the other locations are tied but not set?

How do you know if they worked it everywhere or not? How do you know if the other locations are tied but not set?

Physically checking the locations, which is exactly what one should do when auditing backstock.

You know what you pulled. If a lot of it comes back, they probably didn't check multi locations or work the pull at all. Most of the backstock at my store comes from pulling casestock and only a few fitting out in the home location :)

Physically checking the locations, which is exactly what one should do when auditing backstock.

Do you bring the product with you when checking or do you just check and then put a challenge clip on it? I've done the former before, but don't have time to do that.

Do you bring the product with you when checking or do you just check and then put a challenge clip on it? I've done the former before, but don't have time to do that.

I check 2 items using NOP and shift+7, leaving the product in the back. If either fails, I put a challenge clip on the whole cart and stage it with the pulls. Lately, I haven't had as much time between pulls to check as thoroughly as I prefer to so my audits have been limited to backstock from salesplanners coming down and OFCE on the rare occasions they bother to work it.

edit: I should mention that I do account for the possibility of those items being shopped before I check it and if the shelf is only missing a few to fill it up, I assume that it was worked originally and I'm not going to make them rework it.

Last edited:
What is a "red work center"? Does that mean the work center is not making enough sales? Does that mean it's dirty?

Can you get cca if you don't finish your assigned zone in a dept, like for having 2 isles left for example

What is a "red work center"? Does that mean the work center is not making enough sales? Does that mean it's dirty?

It generally means 1 of 2 things:
1. The computer generated reports are showing red on various metrics like call button response time, backroom location accuracy, POGs not being tied and pulled on time, etc.
2. A higher level Team Lead such as a DTL walked the store and gave an area a red based on appearance, reshop amount, really anything that they feel isn't running or looking correctly.

Can you get cca if you don't finish your assigned zone in a dept, like for having 2 isles left for example

Yes, if your TL/ETLs feel it's necessary.

That's really crazy if you can get cca/fired for not getting an isle done.
What about if your helping guests or having to do backup cashier/calls etc?
That takes away time from the job.
I wish i had a clone of me with 4 hands.

Competent TLs will take that stuff into account. However, if everyone else is doing the same but you're the only one not able to finish your work, that can ultimately result in corrective action. They won't do that if it just happens once or twice though. Corrective action is the result of consistent performance problems.

If they aren't getting on to you and they gave you an Outstanding on your last review, that means you're most likely doing things to whatever standard your TLs want. Don't change that solely based on anything said here.

If you're concerned about how you stand, the best course of action would be to talk to a TL or ETL that you have a rapport with and ask if there's anything they feel you could improve on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back