Archived Can you get fired for calling out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an event going on tomorrow and swapped shifts with someone about a week ago, but just got a call from HR TODAY saying they couldn't put the swap through and that I needed to find someone else. I've already asked everyone in my department, no one can do it.

I went in today to ask HR if anyone else could cover it, no luck.

I paid 70 bucks for a ticket to said event, and I'm going. I've only called out twice ever in the three years I've been at this store, both for valid reasons. If I call out tomorrow, could I get fired for that?

There's a new LOD at my store who is low-key awful and terrifying, so I'm afraid she might try to get me fired.

You can’t get fired for simply one call out. Besides if someone agreed to swap you, then the shift should be on them if it had been signed off. The worse that can happen is a coaching for attendance.

Reactions: Dog
You absolutely will not get fired for calling in one time. Just don’t make it a habit. Have fun at the event!

Was it signed off? If it was thats on the other person not you. Regardless one call out wont end in firing as others have said. Worst case if its a day of alot of call outs you make get a dont do it again speech. Other than that enjoy your event spot isnt worth worrying and not enjoying yourself.

Was it signed off? If it was thats on the other person not you. Regardless one call out wont end in firing as others have said. Worst case if its a day of alot of call outs you make get a dont do it again speech. Other than that enjoy your event spot isnt worth worrying and not enjoying yourself.

Dont give them bad advice.

Considering they said they couldnt put the swap through.
Either way, it'll come down on the TM on here.

But as everyone said, one call out wont kill you, you'll be ok

Folks, at a guess it wasn't signed off on and HR chose to not permit the other person to work that shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back