Can you take your break at the end of your shift?

Our STD made a fuss about it once, but no one seems to care. I do it occasionally depending on the flow of opus/ship. One of ny coworkers does it every day so I think I'm ok doing it sometimes.

We have closing guest services person every night. A closing SETL is very rare.
Really! Who closes registers and SCOs, I couldn't image the closing lead would have time. We rarely who no SETL and those days its usually another trusted team member and myself who split up the job of watching the front and closing the lanes / doing CO.

i have like 15 people trained to open/close registers and sco and have not done it myself more than twice in the last year, both during holiday

They used to make a big deal out of it in my store. Some leaders would even announce that all breaks had to be done by two hours before close. At the time, I thought it was a company policy. No one's mentioned it in a long time.

Really! Who closes registers and SCOs, I couldn't image the closing lead would have time. We rarely who no SETL and those days its usually another trusted team member and myself who split up the job of watching the front and closing the lanes / doing CO.
We have multiple team members trained to close registers. SETL never closes registers.

The flow team would take their 15 combined in a half hour.
It worked out well, mostly because the time it took to send the entire team on break and have them come back was way longer than 15 minutes.
Then a new HR ETL came in and got upset.
The teams, because the Plano team was also doing it, fought her as long as we could but finally the ETLs caved.

When I was on plano many moons ago we would combine 15's. I am not sure its actually allowed but we did. Like someone else said 15's never are 15s and they def were more likely to turn into 20's vs if you just did a paid 30 you probably would be back on the floor in 30 lol

Back