Archived Can you use sick time to pad your hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say I got a off week and my average is 39 hours and im scheduled for 4 days at 31. Can I use my sick time to bring it up? I never call out so I never really use it but this seems like a good time

Also can you use it as vacation?

If you get paid sick time of course you can. You just gotta make sure you get it approved in time. That's why I still have 90 hours in my vacation account before they redid it, I had enough sick time between the two accounts for amost a month off.

I'd wait until the raise kicks in - three more paydays.

At my store you can't use sick time unless you call out sick. We tell people to use their vacation time if the need too.

I was stuck at 80 hours of vacation and what is it 30 or 40 hours of personal time for the longest time until they finally approached me and told me that I've been maxed out on both for like 3 years and never used it. I've been losing a lot of it, and I never call off either. They told me if I didn't use my vacation it was going to get lost after that stupid change they made with vacation time, so I took a week off last month and it was the most boring week I've ever had. lol I still have like 25 hours to burn up. I can't really fill my weeks because my weeks are always maxed by staying for double shifts to cover call offs.

Depends on the store. I think the official rule is they're only for times you were actually sick, but my store allows us to use them to pad hours. I still write poverty down as my reason for requesting on my sick hour forms.

Every time I've called out for being sick, I never actually told them I was sick... Except once and I only told because she was trying to guilt me.

I use sarcasm sometimes but it's up to you to decide. Now you know and knowing's half the battle.

How about Personal Holiday hours? I just let that accumulate and never use it. Do I have to fabricate some reason? :confused:

I don't seem to accrue anything except vacation. No personal holiday time, sick time, or even well-being time.

I don't seem to accrue anything except vacation. No personal holiday time, sick time, or even well-being time.

Sick time is only available in the handful of states that require it. I believe you have to be full-time to accrue PH, but I could be wrong.

Bottom line- Target is going to do everything in its power to reduce your vacation hours as much as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back