Archived Canadian stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first few images have begun to appear online of the yet to open Canadian stores. Interestingly enough, it seems self checkouts have reappeared to the North...

target_canada.jpg

And this one...

storeshotconstruction.jpg

Figured these were worth sharing since Canadian store images didn't seem to exist prior to these.

P.S., yes I used to post here before. I'm baaaaack! Haha.

When were these photos taken? Looks like a cycle 1 store.

Self check-outs are "fun"

Picture signs are in-place for CityTarget afaik.

From what I gathered, The Pos is not the same. Its really easy and esthetically pleasing compared to the us version. Its a beta for the version that will launch in the states once the bugs are all out . Has Lots of work first.

From what I gathered, The Pos is not the same. Its really easy and esthetically pleasing compared to the us version. Its a beta for the version that will launch in the states once the bugs are all out . Has Lots of work first.

I work as a cashier at a Canadian store and from personal experience the cash registers are very user friendly compared to other stores in general. They're made by NCR and run some pos program on windows 7. The only problem is that they're really slow at times and often crash in the middle of transactions.

As for the SCO (self-check outs) they run a similar program that is easy for guests but allow tms to log into a full version of the program. However these crash often so usually we only have 3 of 4 SCO working at a time. Plus they take forever to print receipts since it prints a coupon first the guest just leaves with that and comes back later trying to return an item with a coupon LOL!

Do Target stores in Canada take American money as payment? I know it's probably a dumb question but I'm just curious.

The POS systems are extremely user friendly, all it takes is less than an hour for you to be able to learn and be fairly independent as a backup person. And yes Canadian stores accept US money but there is an exchange rate.

Are there any Canadian stores that are in border towns? I would think that there would be a lot of people using American money in the stores if they are on border or close to it.

Another silly possibly stereotyping question, do the stores in Canada have a big emphasis on hockey, curling, and other winter sports and activities? I'm just curious. The store I work at does not sell anything related to hockey. In fact, we only sell crap NFL, NBA, and MLB stuff of the area. No NHL stuff. I really need to visit Canada and see what America's hat is like.

Are there any Canadian stores that are in border towns? I would think that there would be a lot of people using American money in the stores if they are on border or close to it.
Mr k, we need some help here, please.

I'm in an American store not far from the border. Since all the stores near me accept Canadian, I would imagine Canadian stores that are close to the border would accept American. Exchange rates would apply in both situations, of course.

Another silly possibly stereotyping question, do the stores in Canada have a big emphasis on hockey, curling, and other winter sports and activities? I'm just curious. The store I work at does not sell anything related to hockey. In fact, we only sell crap NFL, NBA, and MLB stuff of the area. No NHL stuff. I really need to visit Canada and see what America's hat is like.

Is there an NHL team near you? If not, that's why. We have NFL and NHL gear at my store because the closest major city has a team in both leagues. We also have Yankees stuff even though there are at least three MLB cities that are closer than NYC (because the Empire).

There is an NHL team near me but the NHL is probably the most regional of all sports. I mean if you aren't in Canada or the Midwest and Northeast of America, hockey just isn't that popular. I like hockey. It's probably my 3rd favorite sport behind baseball and basketball. Most people in my area could not name one player on the NHL team. It's sad but true.

There is a Target store in Niagara Falls, Canada. I was told by my STL that all the sports stuff is regionalized based on the team. We do carry CFL (Canadian Football League) stuff on a seasonal basis. For some reason we have limited hockey and baseball stuff year-round.

I'm an American and my store carries a selection of NHL gear for our local team during the season just as we do for MLB, NFL and the local Universities. The only one we don't seem to carry is NBA.

I think it depends on the popularity and success of the teams in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back