Archived Capacity softlines tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the place to post this, as this is my first post. I'm a well rounded team member being developed more. I was asked to change the capacities for softlines tables and make a guide so everyone is clear across the board (flow, salesfloor, and the brand team member) Does anyone have any tips or guides they go by or print outs they made to use for inspiration?

Big thing for softlines tables is to treat it like an endcap. If its empty flex it out after a set period of time. The product we receive for most tables will not keep it full and to brand within a month or more time range. The way our store does it is after a few weeks it is treated as mpg and we start to flex out similar product or flex out the spacing of the existing product on the table to ensure it looks full. The capacities shouldn't be messed with unless its showing way to high of an amount or like one capacity for a shirt when it could hold 3 or four of that one size.

Stack it high, let it fly. Pack it, stack it, or rack it. Fill it well, watch it sell.

Basically fill the tables full. You'll probably have leggings and pants for girls and NIT that wound all fit out and then also you'll probably want to backstock some of the product for RTW tables. But honestly, there shouldn't be much in your sofltines stockroom other than basics and out of season hanging if you're full on clearance. I really wouldn't even bother with capacities on tables. If you're not backstocking much for folded, then there won't be much to pull.

We are a dinosaur store with grey tables and we have a very FULL floor pad, we have to keep it under control or else it will be unshoppable. We seem to get waaaaay more merchandise than any other Target I've visited. Good advice, I'll run those ideas by my bosses but I'm sure it won't get me anywhere.

Why bother with capacities? Aside from maybe a TL or ETL and instocks (before they learn to give up in softlines), nobody's going to pay attention or care about some number they can't even check because there's not enough equipment to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back