Archived #CarolinaFloods Do I still get paid ? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if you guys know but,this past weekend SC had historical flooding due to hurricane Joaquin which didn't directly hit us but came close enough. President declared a state of emergency FEMA has came out and everything my store was closed for a few days but now has opened back up my question is will I get paid for those days? I also mainly work in Target Café and Starbucks which has remained closed because the area is on a boiled water advisory so I was told not to come in and I'm not sure when that's going to be over so I haven't been to work in days and not even sure about next week either. I actually just came off a unpaid medical leave right before all this happen so my finances aren't quite right and now I'm super worried I won't be able to catch up because of this disaster.

Nope.
Sorry, no pay due to acts of g-d.
Some folks who had their stores shut down during Sandy were able to go work in other stores.
Otherwise Spot doesn't really care.

Ck with her, you may be allowed use any vacation you have left. You didn't mention if you were on short term disability with your medical leave.

Also, file for unemployment. Your state will deter your eligibility. Better to try than not.

I think all of the targets in this area are affected and with the road closures and clean up I don't even think could even make it over there. Well my leave was unpaid because I'm considered a p/t employee

I think all of the targets in this area are affected and with the road closures and clean up I don't even think could even make it over there. Well my leave was unpaid because I'm considered a p/t employee

You can file your unemployment claim online.
State can verify everything electronically. Best to let the state make it's own determination. Essentially, you won't know unless you try. All employers pay into the fund, so might as well help Target recoup some of what it has paid in.

I always thought if a State of Emergency was declared, and your store was forced to close, Target would pay for the time you were scheduled on those days. Last time I had to deal with this was 10 years ago though and things were different then.

Other than vacation hours, I can't imagine ANY job that pays you when you don't work.

Other than vacation hours, I can't imagine ANY job that pays you when you don't work.

Federal jobs. I've been sent home twice due to extreme winter weather (once even involved thunder snow - how freaky is that) and we got paid the same regardless.

Federal jobs. I've been sent home twice due to extreme winter weather (once even involved thunder snow - how freaky is that) and we got paid the same regardless.

Lol thunder snow. I've witnessed it here a handful of times. Last time it happened, the whole region looked like a war zone with all the fallen tree branches and whatnot.

We had a bad snowstorm last year and several nearby towns had driving bans, but the store was still open because the area where the store is located wasn't hit badly by the storm. I doubt the TMs who were stuck at home got any sort of compensation.

First office job I had out of college....if they declared a snow day (very rare, but did happen) we got paid.

We also go paid the time we got hit by remnants of a hurricane during the time the building was being reroofed and flooded and closed the place for a couple of days.

Target took away emergency fund last month I think.
You are correct. Spot had stopped that program.
From red wire. Effective 09/12/2015, emergency assistance fund will be discontinued. Spot will expand service under life resources.
1. Up to five in person visits, from 3.
2. Decreased co payment/ co insurance for tm's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back